Happiness

Back once again! Remember good work takes effort and time. So be patient.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandra's P.O.V

 Dominic took my hand and guided us upstairs to our private quarters. He was walking extremely slow and the hand that held onto mine was unusually clammy. Oh boy, nervous Dominic was a cute Dominic. His famous poker face was on but I can tell he was a nervous wreck. I wonder what the surprise is?! If it was a surprise for me then it should be a good surprise right? So why was Dominic so nervous?

Finally, Dominic and I reached the door that separates our quarters. He unlocked the door and stood proudly in the hallway. I stood there confused until a small light emerging from my bedroom appeared. Why was my door open?

I slowly walked over to my bedroom and to my surprise it was...

EMPTY?!?!

The bed was stripped and made with brand new sheets, the nightstand was cleared of all my stuff, the vanity in the corner was empty and my suitcases were no where to be seen in the closet along with my clothes. What type of sick surprise is this?

"Dominic where is my stuff?" I demanded. He still stood in the hallway and watched nervously as I turned my bedroom upside down looking for my stuff. He must be hiding my stuff!

"I upgraded your room to a better room. Come," Dominic disappeared further into the hallway until he reached the gold metal door at the end of the hall with the initials D.S.V engraved. Dominic unlocked the door and walked inside.

I waited for Dominic to turn on the light before stepping inside. This is Dominic's bedroom. It didn't take long for everything to click but once it did I became livid. Dominic's room was beautiful but I didn't want to move in with him, not yet! I told him I didn't want that. We had a whole conversation at dinner about it...this is why he was acting so weird?! He had his people do it anyways even though I SPECIFICALLY SAID NO!

Dominic's room was more like a bachelor's palace than a bedroom. His custom made gold trim 4 post bed was the center of attention. Above the bed was an empty picture frame, which I found odd but I had no time to question that. My eyes were drawn to the other side of the room where the lounge was. He had a mini living room set up of two couches and a beautiful velvet arm chair that surrounded the brick grand fireplace. Above the fire place was a gigantic TV and two wall speakers on each side. In the far corner, I noticed a vanity table was set up with my makeup and other accessories were set up. By my vanity was a door leading to Dominic's unbelievable en suite and another door leading to his huge walk in closet. To my surprise, all my stuff was organized and hung up in his closet. My bathroom essentials were placed in the bathroom in my designated sink and counter. He had the room divided equally with mine and his stuff. If I wasn't so livid I would be happy that he was willing to share with me.

I joined Dominic in his main room. He sat patiently on the bed as I examined the room thoroughly. I was ready to give him hell if I didn't see the look on his face. Like I said, Dominic always has his poker face on. He never let's anyone know his true emotions; especially if those emotions made him look weak. The only emotion he showed was anger. Yet, that wasn't the look he should me. Dominic looked...happy. I don't even know if happy is the word to explain how he looked at me. The wide teeth showing grin was genuine and beautiful. His eyes were sparkling in the dim light but all I saw was an excited Dominic. His hands fidgeted in his lap and his leg shook in nervousness but he was...happy.

"Why are you smiling?" I wondered.

"Do you like the room? I was hoping you had some ideas on designs in case you want to change anything." He said smiling, totally ignoring my question.

"The room is nice...beautiful actually. You didn't answer my question."

"Alessandra, I know your upset. I can sense it the moment you saw your old room. I knew you were going to be angry and not forgive me for going against your word but I honestly don't care. It's weird how much we changed in the matter of weeks. The moment I saw you and you were my ally from 4 years ago, I didn't know what to do or how to feel. I wanted to work for your forgiveness for leaving you back then but I didn't want to be with you because all I felt was guilt and sadness for making you wait for me all these years. Now I don't care. I am the only one who deserves you. I am the only one who deserves all of you. I am a selfish man and I promise I will be selfish when it comes to you. I never had a girl up here, you know. Well...not in this room. Everything I've done was done in the room across from yours. This...this is my sanctuary. Everything and anything you could find to destroy me is in this room and I want to share it with you."

Damn...Damn you Dominic! I was so ready to preach my independence and my freedom rights and make him feel like shit but he ended up making me feel like shit for saying no to him in the first place! I always thought Dominic's room was the room across from mine. That's where he would go whenever we went to bed. To be honest, I never noticed what was at the end of the hall because the hallway was always so dark. He's putting a lot of faith in me. More faith than he should...it's like he forgot how I was plotting to end his life and this contract for my freedom a few weeks back. The engagement party and the new contract were all good commitments to show me he was serious about us being a couple but this gesture, although it was a stupid and annoying act, sealed the deal. Dominic is a complete asshole but that's who he is. He's a man who doesn't ask for anything, he takes. He has the right to take because in his world it's either kill or be killed. He's willing to change how he treats me, I can't expect him to change everything about him. Then he wouldn't be Dominic.

"I am livid Dominic. You went against my word and moved my stuff, even after I explained to you my issues with us being together like this so fast. I was ready to tear you a new one and now you had to go and say some cute crap. I appreciate what you said and I appreciate you inviting me into a part of your life that is vulnerable and intimate to you. I know you want us to start building and making this place our home but you have to understand it's gonna take time. I need to become comfortable with this world. I have to understand you and how you work. I need to boss up if I going to be a mafia queen like you claim. Greatness takes time. So let's take our time."

Dominic stood off the bed and walked over to me. He grasped my hand tightly and pulled me close. I let go of his hands and wrapped my arms tightly around his waist. I looked up to his beautiful eyes and waited for him to speak.

"Greatness does take time but with you I don't want to waste anymore time. I'm not used to waiting and taking things slow. That was never apart of my life. I can only try to keep us at a steady pace because I know this world is scary for you. That's the best I can do. But, you're sleeping with me tonight. I want to wake up to you, I want to really show you what's it like to be fully in my world."

"I will sleep here tonight under a few conditions. You behave and keeps your hands where I can see them. I have no desire to give you any children tonight and I am not afraid to slit your throat in your sleep. If I feel comfortable then I will be onboard sleeping here but the moment I feel uncomfortable I am gone, understand?"

"Understood queen."