Countdown

I promised a bigger and better chapter and here it is. I hope you guys like it.

A.N

So it's April 16th rn and I just reached 1k reads!!!! I'm so fucking excited!!! My goals was to wait for at least one more chapter to get 100 reads before I released this chapter but because of what I saw I couldn't wait! Maybe I'll do a double release.... one for this book and one for My Alpha... that sounds perfect to me ❤️. Anyways thanks a lot everyone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alessandra POV

3 days came faster then I expected. Since I was already leaving, Samuel allowed me full freedom throughout the tower. My door was no longer locked I was allowed to spend as much time as I wanted with my family. Considering the circumstances, this was one of my favorite days. I barely spent time in my room, I even slept with my parent's and brother in my parent's room. We all never wanted this time to end.

I managed to do everything that I said I would do before Dominic showed up.

Day 1 was spent studying the treaty that my ancestor created. I read it over and over again making sure I found any and every loophole that there was. I only managed to find one about faithfulness. My parents were right, we were both ordered to be faithful and if one is caught the other is free to leave with a payout.

So if I catch Dominic cheating I can leave with a wad sum of cash in my pocket. This seems like a win-win situation.

Day 2 was spent researching. With the help of Samuel, I managed to find every book and article about the Vincenzo's.

The Vincenzo's have been successful for 10 generations. Their family goes back to the beginning of time. They own many businesses over the years. Car dealerships, insurance companies, real estate, trading companies... you name it, they were in it.

Dominic's father, Stephano has been one of the best leaders in history according to business deals. In his long reign, he managed to make his family 90 million dollars. He managed to build deals with police and government which then made his family untouchable. He brought business to the country, in return, they turn a blind eye when they needed too. They held the power for all of Europe.

Only recently did Stephano resign and gave the title to his son Dominic.

Dominic has been the notorious playboy of Italy. There probably hasn't been any model, actress or singer that he hasn't been with. Yet, he has never been with a girl for more than 2 weeks. He recently became known after I turned 16 which is probably why I didn't know who he was. I was forced into hiding after I turned 16.

Day 3 was spent packing and saying goodbye. My eyes were wet the entire day. I couldn't leave my mother's arms. I wanted her soft vanilla scent to fill my memory forever. My father and brother spent the time creating the perfect plan and ways for us to stay in contact. They wrote down everything I needed to know and slipped it in a secret compartment in my suitcase. That night I slept in the arms of my mother and father and my brother laid by my feet. It was the perfect moment. I would never forget this.

I woke up bright and early. I could barely sleep, even with the comfort of my family beside me. I knew the end of my time was approaching. My family was awake when I got up. My brother moved my stuff downstairs and they sat around waiting for the devil to come and whisk me away.

Thankfully, I had no tears left to shed. If I did, I would be blubbering like a baby. Seeing my mother and father one final time hurt me. I didn't know when or if I was coming back. I had some hope but...hope doesn't replace the void I will feel when I go.

We all gathered in the kitchen at the dining table. My father, mother, brother, and Samuel sat quietly.

"What time is that asshole coming?" Roberto wondered.

"He should be here any moment." Samuel glanced at his watch before taking a long sigh.

"So what's the game plan?" I wondered.

"We added a burner phone in your suitcase. Our burner phone number is already programmed. If you need a new one, Samuel will give you a new one. We will communicate on there. Make sure you only use it in the bathroom. Text us, don't call. Call if necessary. We will be studying everything we can on our end and keeping you updated on any news." Mama spoke.

"Samuel, will you be coming with us?"

"Yes, Dominic called and wanted me as your personal guard while you adjust. After I will be replaced by one of his personal men. Let's hope you that this will be over by that time."

A moment of silence was interrupted by a loud roar of engines. There were faint at first but became louder and louder as they approach the house. My family and I moved to the large window in the living room. 8 escalades rolled up to our house. The cars lined up perfectly on the front lawn. Bodyguards stormed out the cars. It took a moment before the notorious devil climbed out one of the cars. He was in a black tailored silk suit, probably Armani. His hair has been cut and styled recently and his shoes looked fresh off the shelf. For a kidnapping, he dressed to impress.

We watched as he gathered with his men for a brief moment before turning towards the front door. He scanned the house before spotting us at the window. He smirked as his eyes locked with mine. I could feel his confidence and pride. He think's he's won. He thinks that I am surrendering myself to his masochist ways.

Oh, I cannot way to wipe that smirk off his face.

We watched him walked to the front door and walk right in like he owned the place. His men followed him inside. Without a word, his men dispersed throughout the whole house. Majority of them went up the stairs to my room.

"Is the princess ready to go, or are we going to have another problem again?" His voice brought chills to my body.

"Idiota!" My mother sneered before taking my father outside the house. My brother rolled his eyes before taking my suitcase outside to the cars.

"What, no snark comments? Where's all that bravery that you had a few days ago?" He taunted as he stepped towards me.

"Why waste all my energy fighting this? I can just spend the rest of my life making you miserable. Now that sounds much better to me." I snapped as I walked past him but he gripped my arm before I could go.

"Listen Principessa, I don't like this as much as you do. So please, don't piss me off and this will be over before you know it."

"Oh it will be over before you know it. You think that you can trap me into this stupid clause and I won't now all my options? Ha, I am 5 steps ahead of you my friend. If things go right, this won't last for more than 6 months. But sure, I'll try my hardest not to piss you off."

I yanked my arms out of his tight grasp before exiting the house. My brother and father loaded up my stuff into one of the cars while my mother and I said our goodbyes. We stood there and hugged as the bodyguards exited the house. Once my father and brother were done, they joined us in our long and emotional hug.

I felt the tears coming. Here I thought, I had no tears left in me, here comes more.

"We need to go," Dominic announced as he entered the car. The men loaded up in each car and I noticed that there was one spot left for me in the car Dominic was in.

"Okay...il mio amore, I guess this is it. Please try to contact us. In any way possible." Mama whispered.

"I love you, mama, I love you papa. I even love you, Roberto. I promise to come home to you." I gave a tight hug to everyone before stepping away and walked over to the side of the car. I turned back to look at my family one final time. I blew a kiss and whispered I love you before climbing into the car.

It's time to say goodbye.