27. Bizarre! Gran Torino Appears

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Early May

"Yes, we are friends," Iida has said before walking away from the four of us, leaving us in silence. Midoriya and Uraraka stand there staring after him, while Shouto and I are a couple metres behind them. Shouto sighs and looks back to me, his eyes closed.

"You haven't told me where you're heading off to," I tell him, "Unless you don't want to-"

"No, it's fine," he says, and looks across the room, "I'm going with my father."

My eyes widen slightly, and he notices, so he sighs again, "I know it seems out of the ordinary, but he seems like the best option for me to get better with my fire. Besides, he's the only one I really know, and I have a feeling everyone else only chose me to get buddy-buddy with my father."

I nod, "Also, you need to think of it as you getting better with your fire for yourself. You improving your quirk should have nothing to do with other people; it's a concept I need to learn to accept too..."

"I understand, thank you," he smiles slightly, and then looks at me, "But where are you going?"

I open my mouth, then stop myself, and search my pockets for the paper I was holding in my hand earlier. Damn...I must've dropped it.

"I forgot," I chuckle nervously, and Shouto looks at me with a small smile on his face, "I just remember it was a short word, and maybe one of the top 100 heroes?"

"It's fine," he laughs softly, "You can tell me about it later."

I nod, and feel a hand poke my shoulder, "Sorry to interrupt, Murakami, but are you ready?"

I turn around to face Midoriya and I nod to the greenette, gathering my belongings. I turn back and Shouto has a puzzled look on his face.

"Oh, I'm just taking him to his agency, it's kinda in a remote location, and I know the neighbourhood," I explain, "Sorry to say goodbye so soon, I'll see you in a couple days?"

Shouto stays silent and stares wide-eyed at Midoriya and I for several seconds, before looking down at his feet and mumbling, "Yeah, we'll stay in touch."

"