18. Cavalry Battle Finale

~Ø~

~Ø~

Early May

A small whimper can be heard in the darkness.

"Normally, I wouldn't have teamed up with you, but you had a pretty good plan," Asui remarks, as Mineta sits next her, clutching his head, and crying, "Although I'm not sure how you lost your headband."

"WHERE THE HECK DID IT GO?" Mineta wails, then regains himself, "This just means there's nothing to lose. Shouji, FULL-ON ATTACK MODE!"

Shouji retracts his dupli-arms, exposing his two teammates to the sunlight. Mineta points his finger, and they go running for Team Midoriya and Team Todoroki, "We'll use all our powers to steal the place from those two teams!"

Meanwhile, Team Midoriya and Team Todoroki continue to stare at each other.

"I didn't think this confrontation would happen until later in the contest," Tokoyami says, "He seems to have it in for you, Midoriya."

"The game's only halfway over, we can't stop now!" Midoriya declares, determined.

What a pain. Shizuka Murakami stands and walks around, the kitten in her arms. Is this as torturous for them as it is for me?

She looks over at the dual haired boy, waiting for him to strike first. He's the type to subtly initiate things, but not the type to confront. For example, this mysterious conflict him and I seem to be having at the moment.

"Now, Iida," Todoroki leans over, "Forward!"

"Right!" The boy beneath Todoroki responds, activating his engines and charging straight for Midoriya.

"Yaoyorozu," Todoroki addresses the girl, who has made roller skates for herself, with her jacket wide open, "Be ready to protect us."

Murakami averts her gaze in embarrassment. I understand she needs that for her quirk, but if she knew she would need to leave it open, why not wear a less revealing bra? Or just wear a crop top or something. The girl holds her hand over her mouth. Just like her hero costume. She's really not shy...but I guess she doesn't really have an option.

Murakami stares down at her left arm. We don't choose our quirks... She watches as Yaoyorozu starts to make a metal rod from her forearm, and a large metal alloy sheet from her abdomen.

"Kaminari," Todoroki continues.

"Oh, I know what I gotta do," the blonde responds.

"Watch your surroundings" Midoriya looks around, his pupils small, "It's not just Todoroki, everyone's after us!"

Besides the half-and-half boy, 4 other teams are headed straight for the ten million.

"Hope you made something strong, Yaoyorozu!" Sparks fly from Kaminari, as Todoroki grabs the cloak Yaoyorozu made, and covers his team with it. Yaoyorozu digs the metal rod into the ground. Kaminari prepares himself, "Indiscriminate Shock: 1.3 Million Volts!"