15. Roaring Sports Festival

*A/N* drawing above made by me :)

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Mid April

My closed fist hesitates over the infirmary door, but eventually I sigh and knock on the door.

"Come on in," Recovery Girl says, and I step into the room. She turns to meet me, and after realising it's me, almost immediately understands why I'm here, "I'm sorry, dear, but you know what I'm gonna say."

"I know," I sigh again, "I already knew about the Sports Festival from the upperclassmen, but I didn't think it would happen so soon. If only USJ hadn't occurred..."

I trail off, and she sighs loudly.

"Well, there's no point sulking about things we can't control," she turns in her chair, "The actual festival won't be until after Golden Week, but I don't think you'll be healed enough until then. After all, you've been healing for an entire year, and it opened up again."

She meets my eyes, "Why do you want to participate, anyways? I thought you would've liked not to be the center of attention."

"That is true," I reply, "but I thought that since this would be a competition of quirks, I could..."

I trail off, and she nods, understanding. I continue, "The quicker I get it over with, the sooner I don't have to worry about it anymore..."

She nods again, and I step back, "Well, thank you, anyways. I'll have more opportunities."

She waves, "Goodbye, dear. Please get better."

I turn around, but her chair squeaks, grabbing my attention again, "This is the first time my quirk has not fully healed someone, no matter how large the wound may be. Even though Toshinori still has a scar there, his wound does not reopen regularly like yours. But even a normal person would heal after so long, with or without my help. It's unfortunate, but...it seems your quirk is blocking me."

I nod, "And I can't fully heal myself either, because I don't have complete control over it."

Perhaps I could heal completely if I managed to activate my quirk subconsciously...but that could have a lot of risks, letting it take control like that. We say bye to each other, and I put my hands in my pockets, walking down the empty hallway. At that moment, the bell for class rings, and my stomach grumbles. I didn't eat lunch...Oh well.

I settle in my seat, and zone out, remembering the information Mr Aizawa gave us.The UA Sports Festival. Students are separated by class year, and then the Support, Business, General Studies, and Hero courses all fight against each other in a bunch of preliminary trials. Whoever makes it through the initial games face off in the finals. It's basically a big round-robin tournament...That means there will be plenty of opportunities for participants to sell themselves.