3. Roaring Muscles

*A/N: Digital drawing(s) below made by me

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Late April

My shoes click and clack on the shiny floor, as I walk down UA's first floor to my destination. I finally stop when I see a funky sign. I continue walking and stop in front of two metal doors, leading to UA's Development Studio. Why are all the doors in this place either huge or  impenetrable?

As for the sign, the 'l' in Development is replaced by a wrench, and the 'o' in Studio by a tire. About as creative as this place gets.

I sigh and knock on the door, and it opens to reveal the Excavation Hero, Power Loader, the junkrat of UA

I sigh and knock on the door, and it opens to reveal the Excavation Hero, Power Loader, the junkrat of UA. He's a relatively short man, in fact, he's almost my height, but his back is hunched over, making him seem shorter. For all I know, he may be actually taller than me, since I am pretty short.

His face is hidden by a rectangular helmet, and I can see long tufts of orange hair sticking out from the sides of it. From the front view, I can see teeth-like hatches on the bottom, and two metal sticks hanging out the top. I tilt my head slightly to the side, and see two triangular-like openings made for his eyes. There are small details on the side of the helmet, securing the top of the helmet and the 'jaw' together.

He's not wearing a shirt, showing he's extremely skinny and frail, and he's wearing fingerless gloves that are quite big around the wrist area. His fingers actually have large metal-looking nails, probably coming from his quirk, which I only know a little about. I was assuming I would get to know him from the time I would be spending in here, and thus, I didn't bother doing any background research.

"Recovery Girl told me you would come," His voice is much lower than I expected it to be from his appearance, but it might come from the helmet, if it has any sound altering qualities. He looks me up and down, probably looking at my still heavily bandaged arm. "...sooner or later."

I nod, "I'm Shizuka Murakami, and I was hoping to use this area to aid me in my engineering."

He nods, as well. We stand there for a minute, in silence. "My name is Higari Maijima, or you may know me as 'Power Loader'. Pleased to meet you."