7. Deku vs Kacchan

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Mid April

"Team A and Team D, your time starts now!"

All Might turns to us, "Pay attention, kids. Think about what you would do."

I watch as Midoriya and Uraraka scout out the place for a bit, and then Bakugou appears out of a corner. He blows Midoriya and Uraraka out of the way, burning off half of Midoriya's mask.

"He almost got the jump on him," Grape boy remarks.

"Sneak attack, Bakugou? What kinda man pulls a cheap trick like that?" One of my teammates, Kirishima, punches his fists together.

"It's a viable strategy," All Might explains, "He's playing the part, acting like a true villain would."

Are you sure that's not just how Bakugou is?  "It didn't work!" The pink haired girl, Ashido, smiles, "Midoriya dodged him!"

"Look, there he goes!" Pikachu warns. I watch again as Bakugou runs towards Midoriya. I notice that Bakugou always starts his attacks with a right hook, and Midoriya sees this too, as he grabs his right arm and flips Bakugou over his shoulder. Good job, I admire.

Bakugou gets up, and the two argue for a minute or two, before getting ready to fight again. I'm quite curious, however. It's true, I don't know their story, but from what I know, Bakugou seems to have a god complex.

Why wouldn't he?  With a quirk like that, there's no doubt that he was praised as a kid, and now, that's influenced his current personality. As for Midoriya...I know he was quirkless up until a little while ago, but I can't help but feel great admiration for him. We're polar opposites, him and I.

He grew up wanting a quirk more than anything, and I grew up willing to give anything to get rid of mine... I shake myself out of my thoughts, and look back at the battle.

This should be interesting. I glance at the camera focused on the "villain" hideout, and Iida is there all alone. I see him press on his ear, probably trying to communicate with Bakugou through a collective earpiece, but the transaction is quite short. Knowing Bakugou, he probably hung up on Iida.

Bakugou left his teammate on his own to go fix personal issues...bad call. I look over at All Might, who's standing at the podium in front of the cameras, scribbling down in his grading book. 

"Hey, who's Bakugou talking to?" Kirishima asks, "I'm not hearing anything. Can we get any sound with this video?"

"He's got a radio in his ears, so he can talk to his partner. I gave it to him before the match started, along with a map of the building. Also, this," All Might holds up a roll of tape, "a roll of 'Capture Tape'. Wrapping this around your opponent means you've apprehended them, and they're out for the rest of the game."