16. In Their Own Quirky Ways

~Ø~

~Ø~

Early May

"The 1st Year students are already off to a nerve-wracking start! And it's only the first round! Talk about a cruel obstacle course!" Present Mic announces to the audience, as Aizawa sits next to him, bored to the bone.

"Our players are racing against each other in a vicious battle where anything goes!" Present Mic waves his arms around, almost hitting Aizawa's face, "As long as they stay on the track!"

"Watch it," the mummified teacher grumbles.

"We'll continue to bring you live updates and more, thanks to the camera robots placed around the court! The stakes are high!"

Shizuka Murakami sighs heavily, giving up on trying to understand Present Mic's words. He speaks too fast...too bad there's no subtitles. She's sitting in the front row of a cluster of seats reserved for Class 1-A, so she leans back in her chair, and puts her feet up on the railing. So...bored...

"What a show! Shouto Todoroki from Class 1-A has taken the lead! He's in for the win!"

Way to go, Todo...She smiles to herself, and then drops it. She closes her eyes, and furrows her eyebrows. This is so annoying...I'm gonna have to confront him...this is the first time he's ever been angry with me in the entire 11 years we've known each other. And I don't even know why. She reopens her eyes to focus on the live camera feed. What a pain.

Meanwhile, the robot previously frozen by Todoroki falls to the ground, pieces flying all over the place. The students freeze in their tracks, and start to panic.

"Hey, there's someone trapped under that robot!"

"Do you think we should help them?"

Speaking of which, a loud banging coming from under the robot, silencing the students.

BANG! "I'M ALIVEEE!!!" A certain boy with red spiky hair emerges from the broken frame of the robot.

"Kirishima from Class 1-A! What a hardcore debut for this rookie!" Present Mic notes.

"Todoroki..."Kirishima grits his teeth, "I can't believe you pulled something like that! Geez, anyone but me would've been killed!"

Eijirou Kirishima! Quirk: Hardening! This power makes his entire body hard as a rock, that means he can be the ultimate shield, or a devastating weapon!

"Class 1-A really is full of jerks!" Another boy breaks out of the mechanical body, his entire body coated in silver, "I'll smash that Ice Guy when I get my hands on him!"

Murakami snorts, and covers her mouth.

"Woah! Tetsutetsu from Class 1-B was also stuck underneath! What are the odds?"