21. Battle On, Challengers!

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Ø~Shizuka

Early May

"I guess you were right," Shouto passes me, as he steps into the hallway, finally finished thawing the ice he created. I tilt my head, confused, and he sighs, "I do take my anger out on others."

He lowers his head, sulking, and I place my hand on his hair, playing with the locks, "It's alright. You were great out there."

Shouto looks up, and I lift the corners of my mouth slightly. He looks away, and I take his hand.

"C'mon," I say, and start to walk away, Shouto not too far behind, as I pull him along the corridors silently. We finally step out into the loud noise of the crowd, and head on over to our classmates. I walk over, but Shouto stops in his tracks. 

I turn around, "What's wrong?"

I follow his gaze to a green haired boy, and he takes his hand out of mine, "I think I'll go stand somewhere else."

I retreat my hand, and nod, "I'll come join you later, then."

Shouto's eyes narrow, and his reaction to my response doesn't seem necessarily positive, but he turns around, and starts to walk away.

"Welcome back to the Finals, everyone! I'm sorry for that long wait, that insane amount of ice from the second match has finally been cleared, though, so it's time for us to welcome new competitors!" Present Mic laughs nervously, and the flames from the arena erupt relentlessly, as I sit down. A girl with long green hair walks up the stairs, her arms straight at her sides, and her posture perfect.

"Even beautiful flowers have thorns, it's the assassin from Class 1-B: Ibara Shiozaki from the Hero Course! Versus: the boy with the electric personality, another hero in the making! Denki Kaminari! ALRIGHT THEN! Keep your eyes peeled, I wanna see a super flashy battle this time-"

"Excuse me," the girl named Shiozaki says with a soft voice, raising her hand, "Please pardon the interruption, but I'm not sure why you called me an assassin. I've come to the Festival in search of victory, not to take my opponent's life! That wouldn't be in line with the values of a hero, at all, sir!"

Is this girl for real?  "Right, I'm sorry-"

"Gentlemen," she continues, "I didn't enter UA for wicked or selfish reasons, but to deliver salvation to others. It is my humble quest to spread good across this world."

"Look, I said I was sorry! That was my bad, okay?" Present Mic sweatdrops, "So, anyway, begin!"

"What do you say, me and you, go out after this," Pikachu says, and I facepalm. Not the time for that, dude. "I'd be happy to treat you to a bite...and comfort you after your loss."