25. Todoroki vs. Bakugou

(A/N: All digital drawings down below not from the anime are either made or altered by me)

Ø~Shizuka

Early May

"Are you going to the Waiting Room?" In middle of the hallway, Shouto turns around in surprise to see me. He nods, and I catch up to him. 

"You didn't have to follow me, you know," He grumbles in a deep voice.

"Did you really think I was gonna leave you alone after all this?" I look up at him, and sigh, puffing out my cheeks, "I wanna talk to you, you know."

His mouth opens slightly, and he looks away quickly. We finally reach the 'Player Waiting Room 2', and he sits down at the table quietly. I'm about to sit across from him, but I change my mind and sit next to him.

"Why did you do that?" Shouto asks, his eyebrows furrowed.

I laugh nervously, "I'm...a little...cold."

It's then that he realises I'm sitting on the left side of him, and he smiles slightly before placing his hand on my forearm for a couple seconds. I shiver, whispering my thanks, and he moves his hand away. He looks down at his left hand, opening and closing his fist, and I cross my arms on the table, my bandaged left hand under my other arm, and rest my head on my arms. 

We sit there quietly for a minute or two, but I don't mind the comfortable silence, as I run my finger along the surface of this table. I really like the texture of this table, I think to myself, very smooth...I sneak a glance at my old friend, but decide that I'll wait for him to talk, so I don't force him into anything. He's in a fragile place right now...

"How did this happen?" He whispers, and I look up at him, "I pushed her out of my mind

"How did this happen?" He whispers, and I look up at him, "I pushed her out of my mind. I tried not to think about her. Then that fight with Midoriya...and what you said, Shizuka...my Mom..."