19. The Boy Born with Everything

*A/N* Drawing above made by me :))
(REFS: RWBY and BNHA)

*A/N* Drawing above made by me :))(REFS: RWBY and BNHA)

Ø~Shizuka~Ø

Early May

"So, you brought me here, now what?"

I stop in my tracks when I hear Midoriya's voice, only metres away from the Student Entrance. What Shouto wants to say must be important, so maybe I shouldn't interrupt them...however, aren't I technically eavesdropping? A long drawl of silence continues on for a minute or two, as I guess Shouto is probably just glaring at the poor greenette. I take off my bag, and place it and the kitten by the wall, as I move in closer.

"We should probably eat soon!" Midoriya stammers, "The cafeteria's gonna be busy...Don't you think?"

I sweatdrop. So quiet...say something, dammit! I hear Midoriya gulp. Yeah...Shouto's all cold in intimidation...way different than Bakugou...

"I was overwhelmed," he finally says, "And it made me break the promise I made to myself a long time ago."

I perk my ears in interest. It would've given him such an advantage to use his left side...and yet, he didn't. From my angle, I can very slightly see him raise his left arm.

"Iida and Kaminari, Yaoyorozu and Tokoyami, Uraraka. None of them felt it," Shouto continues, "In that moment, I was the only one who could sense your true power."

Uh, I did, too, actually. "It reminded me of something. Experiencing All Might's quirk."

Ah, shit. "Oh, yeah?" Midoriya mirrors, "Okay. Is that all?"

"I'm saying," Shouto rephrases, "The power coming from you felt the same as All Might's."

Oh, boiiii... Midoriya's eyes widen.

"Midoriya, tell me," Shouto lowers his hand, and I lean in closer.

"...Are you really All Might's secret love child or something?"

Is he...what?! I snort, and cover my mouth quickly. That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. Really. I'll never forget it. It's gotta be a meme...Midoriya's has stopped cold, simply staring at the dual-haired boy.

"Well, are you?" He repeats.

"NO, no way, that's not it at all, butIguessevenifIwasI'dtotallysayIwasn't, soyouprobablywon'tbelievemewhateverIsay!" Midoriya speaks so fast his speech is intelligable, "Anyways, I promise, you've got the wrong idea! And...why would you even think that about me?"

"'That's not it, at all' is interesting wording," Shouto retorts, "It suggests there is something between you two that you're not supposed to talk about."

Midoriya averts his gaze, and Shouto closes his eyes, "My father is the hero, Endeavour. You must've heard of him, which means you're aware that he's the #2 hero. So if you're connected to the #1 hero, All Might, in some way, that would mean...that I have even more reason to beat you. My old man is ambitious, aims for the top. He used his power to make a name for himself as a hero, but he was never able to best All Might, so the Symbol of Peace is living proof of his failure. He's still at it, though, trying to take down All Might; one way or another."