*I Need Your Help*

(Season 17)

Jo: Luna deserves more!

Link: I'm sorry. Are we pretending like you're not going to adopt her?

Jo: I can't adopt her.

Link: why?

Jo: because I-

Link: exactly.

Jo: I can't Link. I just started a residency in a new specialty. I live in a loft. I have no- I'm alone. I can't do that. Luna deserves parents who can be there for her always.

Link: she lives in the hospital. Probably won't be going home any time soon.

(She clearly gets worried)

Link: see. You got worried when I said she wasn't gonna leave the hospital any time soon.

Jo: so?

Link: your her mom. You care for her you-

Jo: I care about scout too. Doesn't make me his mom.

Link: come on Jo. You can't tell me You haven't thought about adopting her.

Jo: okay. Yes I have. I love her link. But I can't adopt her.

Link: yes you can.

Jo: no! I can't! Because if I adopt her. If I let myself love her as much as I want to, and she dies, if I loose her. I won't be able to keep going. I lost my husband. He left me. I can't loose her too.

Link: Jo; you can do it. You won't loose her. She'll be okay.

(Jo smiles)

Jo: you really think I should? You think I could?

Link: yes. You can. And you should.

(He smiles at her)

(She smiles and link hugs her)

Jo: I'm gonna do it. Or try to at least.

Link: good.

Jo: so um. I have to talk to my lawyer. And I need to find a social worker or something. If I'm gonna do this I want to do it now. So I can have a choice in her medical care.

Link: great. Go.

(Jo smiles and hugs him)

Jo: thank you link.

Link: no problem.

Jo: no, not just this. But ever since Alex left. You've been there for me. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

Link: of course Jo.

(Jo goes inside and into an on-call room)

(She calls her lawyer)

Vanessa: Doctor Wilson.

Jo: Hi. Vanessa. But I told you to call me Jo.

Vanessa: sorry, Jo. It's always great to hear from you. Do you need something.