fifty-nine.

To say that Jisung had never climbed a tree - let alone climbed down a tree - would be a major understatement. 

Sure, he was a fast runner, and he could hold his own in Just Dance, and he was fairly athletic, but that didn't really make him the confidently-climb-out-a-high-window-and-onto-a-weak-bendy-wooden-stick kinda guy. 

He was possibly maybe terrified of heights?? So this was maybe not super easy for him?? 

Jisung got as far as opening his window, and then he was officially ready to give up before he even started. 

"You can do this!" he tried to assure himself as he glanced down at the long, long, long fall from his windowsill to the ground below. 

He was ready to turn around and go home - well, he was already home, technically, but the point was he was pretty freaked out about heights and he didn't really fancy dying. At least, not at the moment. 

"You can't do this," he decided confidently. "You can't. Go home." He nodded, taking a step back further into his room. "Home has been gone to. Mission accomplished," he praised himself. 

"Jisung?" someone suddenly whisper-yelled from outside. 

Jisung poked his head out the window, eyes searching the ground until he saw a beautiful holy figure standing there. 

Ahem. Apologies. 

Saw a Minho* standing there. 

"Hi, Minho," Jisung whispered as quietly and loudly as he could simultaneously, which didn't make any sense, really, but it seemed to work because Minho grinned and waved with both hands like the adorable bestest boy he was. 

"Come down!" Minho whisper-yelled back. 

"Give me a second, it's sorta scary!" 

Jisung shimmied out the window so that his feet were resting on the first branch of the tree, while the rest of his body was still firmly placed on the windowsill, with no real intention of moving anytime soon. 

"I don't mean to rush you," Minho called out, "but I reaaaaaaaally don't want you to get caught by your mom."

"And I reaaaaaaaally don't want to fall and break both my collarbones!" Jisung called back. 

"Break your what?" 

"My collarbones!" Jisung repeated-

-Until he realized that the person who said that was not Minho. 

It didn't even take two seconds for Jisung to fling himself back into his room, shut the window, and throw himself back in bed. 

And just in time, too, because just then his bedroom door opened, and his mom walked in. 

"Han Jisung, I swear if you're-" 

"Mmm, collarbones," Jisung murmured, rolling around with his eyes closed in bed. He made grabby hands at his blanket, which he 'couldn't find'. "Break- my collarbones. . . ." 

Mrs. Han rolled her eyes dramatically. "Sleeptalking, just like your father," she muttered to herself, grabbing the blanket and throwing it onto Jisung before briskly turning and leaving the room, practically slamming the door behind her. 

Jisung sighed. That was a close one. He peeked his eyes open-

-and yet again his bedroom door opened. 

His eyes immediately fell shut again, his heart pounding in fear of why his mom felt the need to come in not once, but twice. He couldn't get caught, he couldn't get caught, he couldn't get caught. . . .

But there was no gasp of disapproval, no yelling, no pushing, no noise at all, really. 

Just a gentle pair of hands tugging at the blanket slightly to tuck him in. 

Mrs. Han didn't say anything else. She just leaned down, left one small and soft kiss on Jisung's forehead, and then left the room once again, this time closing the door quietly. 

Jisung was almost too shocked to get up. 

Almost. Because that's when he remembered that Minho was probably still waiting outside, probably wondering where Jisung had gone, probably confused out of his mind. 

Jisung jumped out of bed, not even letting himself think about what just happened with his mom. The less he dwelt on it, the better, because his brain might actually explode from confusion and weirdness. So he decided to just leave it alone. 

He slowly opened his bedroom window again, slooooooowly so that it was as quiet as possible. As the window inched open, he heard Minho calling his name quietly. 

"Shhhh, I'm coming, just a second," he whispered out the window, turning his head to glance at his bedroom door. 

He quickly shuffled over to the door and locked it, knowing that if his mom found his door locked she would scalp him and roast him over a fire of disappointment and failure, but he would rather get in trouble for locking his door than for sneaking out with Minho. 

After locking the door, he turned back toward the window, shaking out his arms to try and get rid of his nerves. 

He was nervous to climb out the window, obviously, but a part of him was always jittery around Minho, tree or no tree. 

"Your ice-cream is melting!" Minho called. 

Jisung sighed. "I'm scared of heights!" he whisper-screamed as he returned to the window. 

"Me too!" Minho whisper-screamed back. 

"Yeah, but you're not the one climbing out a window!" 

"But I would totally climb out a window for you, no hesitation, so we can see that I'm not the one who's the problematic person in this relationship!" 

Jisung rolled his eyes. "Shut up," he growled. 

Minho just giggled. 

Jisung took a deep breath, shutting his eyes for a second to try and gain courage. He really did want to have a - what did Minho call it? - a late night ice-cream date, but he was honestly terrified of climbing down this fucking tree. 

"It's fine," he whispered to myself. "I got this!" 

"Yeah you do, babe!" Minho quietly cheered him on. 

Jisung shot Minho a deathly glare. 

"Yeah you do, friendly friend!" Minho quickly corrected himself. 

Jisung took another deep breath, then leaned out the window hesitantly, assessing the branches around him. There was one pretty thick one that he hoped would hold his weight, and a few that might work as okay handholds. 

"Okay, I'm coming out!" 

Minho snickered at that. 

Jisung grabbed the side of the opened window with one hand, tentatively reaching out with the other until his hand was wrapped firmly around a branch of the tree. 

"Oh mah gawd you're doing it!" Minho cheered. 

Jisung snorted. "I'm literally still standing in my bedroom, but thanks anyway." 

Jisung looked down, then immediately regretted it. He slowly sat down on the windowsill, then swung his legs around so they were hanging out of his house. He reached forward with his other hand, grabbing onto the tree with it, and suddenly he got a rush of adrenaline. 

"AH IM JUST GONNA GO FOR IT," he aggressively screamed in the quietest way possible. 

And so he closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and stepped forward, onto the branch he really really hoped would hold his weight.