thirty-eight.

Jisung rocked back and forth on his feet, trying to decide whether or not he wanted to knock on the door. 

Slowly, his arm raised, and his fist almost betrayed him by slamming itself against the wooden door, but that would ultimately hurt the hand, and so this said hand decided against the motion. 

Felix had told Jisung about what had happened with Changbin and Hyunjin. They were best friends, after all, so although Felix obviously wasn't going around yelling to the whole world about the situation, he did tell the one person he trusted most - Jisung.  

So now here Jisung was, standing silently in front of Changbin's front door, wondering whether or not it would be weird to knock. 

Of course, he brought a pizza as a peace offering. So with one hand holding a bag of beer and soju (who cares if they were underage, sometimes life happens and you just have to get drunk) and a thick triple-cheese pepperoni and olive pizza balancing on his head, he raised his free arm again to knock on the door. 

But again his brain stopped him. 

What if Changbin thought it was weird that he was here since they weren't super good friends yet? 

What if Changbin didn't want to be comforted? 

What if Changbin was in Canada or something and wasn't home? 

What if Changbin got eaten by a shark? 

Don't be a coward, Jisung scolded himself. He'll be grateful that you're here. Just knock already! 

Slowly, so slowly, his arm raised . . . .

His hand curled into a fist. . . . 

The pizza leaned on his head, threatening to plunge to its imminent doom. . . . 

He moved closer to the door. . . . 

"Jisung?" 

Jisung jumped, startled. He dropped the bag of drinks, and the pizza went tumbling toward the ground- 

-but Minho lunged forward, catching it as he barreled into Jisung's legs in the process, sending them both to the floor. 

But at least the pizza was safe, right? 

"M-Minho!" Jisung stuttered, getting up quickly and brushing some invisible dust off of his clothes to avoid having to look at the boy who had just put his life on the line for a circular piece of bread covered in mushy tomatoes and solid bacterial milk. "W-What are you doing here?" 

Minho stood up slowly, awkwardly handing Jisung his box of greasy food. "Uh, I just came to see how Changbin was doing. What are you doing here?" 

Neither boy would look at each other, making things half a million times more awkward. 

Jisung shrugged, trying to figure out what pose to do that would make him look more natural. 

He put a hand on his hip, then immediately abandoned that attempt as it made him feel like a runway model (which he could honestly pull off, but Minho wasn't going to say that out loud). 

"I, um, I heard from Felix what happened, a-and I brought some pizza. To cheer him up." 

Jisung's eyes stayed glued to Minho's shoes, which were Gucci brand and definitely very unaffordable to commoners like Jisung. 

Minho eyed the bag of alcohol. "Just pizza. . . .?" he asked, smirking as he raised an eyebrow. 

A scarlet blush settled across Jisung's cheeks. "Who doesn't like to get drunk when they feel sad?" he asked, finally looking up to meet Minho's eyes.