sixty-nine.

"Chan, don't cry." 

Minho, Jisung, Jeongin, Felix and Changbin sat around Chan, hugging him and patting his head as he sat in a little ball, muffling his sobs with his arms. 

"Chan, we still have all summer!" Felix said quietly while running his fingers through the older boy's hair gently. "Please don't cry, you're gonna make all of us cry." 

A sniffle was heard from among them. 

"Fuck, too late," Felix added as all eyes (except Chan's, who were still leaking profusely) fell on Jisung, who was apparently crying too. 

And crying hard

"Ahhhh, no baby don't cry, shhhh it's okay," Minho burst out, hurrying to bury Jisung in his embrace. "Shh, it's gonna be okay," he whispered, his hand petting Jisung's head softly. "Everything will be okay." 

"I'm never gonna get used to this," Changbin muttered to himself. 

Minho shot him a playful glare. "Get yourself a man if you're so jealous," he spat sarcastically. 

Changbin just stuck his tongue out at his best friend in response. 

"I'm just gonna miss you guys s-so much," Jisung choked out between sobs. 

"S-Same," Chan wailed in response, looking up and opening his arms. 

Jisung didn't even hesitate. He crawled over to Chan, plopping himself down in his lap so they could cuddle and cry together. 

"Don't worry," Changbin said, trying to comfort them. "We still have all summer, and it's gonna be so fun." 

Chan just cried harder. 

"N-No we don't," he muttered between his cries. 

Minho cocked his eyebrow. "What do you mean?" 

"I-I... I got a j-job," Chan said quietly, sniffling. "YG's Black Label offered me a full-time job as one of their lead producers. I-I took it a-and... and I have to leave soon..." 

Minho froze. He looked down at his crying friend, and suddenly he wanted to cry, too. "Wait why? How soon...?" he asked hesitantly, not sure if he even wanted to know the answer. 

Chan frowned, his eyes filling up with even more tears than before. "N-Next week... Since I'm so young I'm staying in the dorms there... It's free and I'm broke, so- and they need me to work as soon as possible."  

Jisung frowned, tears falling down his cheeks. "W-Wait, b-but... Chan..." he whispered. He buried his face in his hands and started crying even harder. 

Minho stood up and stepped over to Chan, taking Jisung from him and wrapping him in a hug, plopping back down on the grass as he set Jisung in his lap and wrapped his arms around him securely. He let Jisung lean on him and cry as Minho himself started tearing up, hating the thought of losing even one of his friends. 

"Wait, so you're leaving?" Felix asked. "But, ugh, why the hell do things have to change?" 

"But you can still hang out with us, right?" Minho asked. 

Chan shrugged. "The schedule's gonna be pretty rigorous, I mean I'll be really really busy especially since I really have to prove myself and that I'm qualified for this high-level job so I just don't know how much I'll actually be able to see you guys..." 

There was silence as everyone took in what Chan had told them, until someone else finally spoke. 

"Okay, I have to confess something too..."