eighty-two (REAL).

Once it started to get too dark and cold outside to keep hanging around the school, the group decided to pile into their cars and meet at Changbin's house for a late night. It would probably be their last big hang-out as a group anyway, since they all had to prepare for adulting and all that. 

Once they were all at Changbin's place, they practically ran into his house, threw off their shoes and graduation caps (for those of them who were wearing graduation caps) and collapsed onto his couch. 

"So. A vet," Felix muttered, looking up at the ceiling.  

Jeongin sat up and sat criss-cross applesauce, looking at Minho, who was collapsed in Jisung's lap, Jisung's fingers lazily running through his hair.  

"Mhm," Minho hummed, his eyes closed as he enjoyed the feeling of being pet like a cat. "You guys have asked me like six times already. Yes, a vet." 

"But it's just so weeeeeeird!" Felix exclaimed, sitting upright. "I mean, it's like super cool and it suits you pretty well, but it just came out of nowhere, man." 

"I feel like my unwavering love for my cats was a big enough hint," Minho shrugged, eyes still closed contentedly as Jisung began braiding his hair. 

"But aren't you, like, the best dancer in the whole world?" Jeongin asked, picking at a thread on his shirt.

Minho giggled. "Thank you, but no I'm not. And yes, I love dancing, like a lot. But think about it. If I become a dancer, I can only do that for what, twenty years? Maybe thirty if we're pushing it? But what if I don't want to retire that young but my body just can't take the physical stress anymore? I'll lose my skills at some point. Plus, sure, I could make it big and be rich, but I'll most likely end up choreographing for like an elementary school recital or something and I dunno. That's like being a teacher but only for an hour a day so I'll literally make shit. I'd rather study something that I really enjoy that's also long-lasting and profitable. I dunno." 

Changbin's eyes widened as he listened to his best friend talk. "Woah. Why the fuck are you all responsible all the sudden? I swear you used to not care about the future at all. And now you're like planning out thirty years ahead? The fuck, dude. Good for you." 

Minho smiled a little, glancing up at Jisung, who's nose was scrunched up in concentration as he worked on braiding Minho's hair. He was obviously having a hard time since he could pretty much only use one of his hands, but he was doing his best. Jisung met Minho's eyes, giving him a little crooked smile before returning to his hair masterpiece. 

"Yeah," Minho murmured, "I guess some things have made me care about my future a lot more recently." 

"Like what?" Chan asked. 

Minho shrugged. "I can't provide for two people and three cats on a part-time elementary dance teacher's salary." 

Jeongin smiled. "Two people?" he asked suggestively, raising his eyebrows a little bit. 

Minho nodded. "Mhm. Me and Jisung." 

Jisung squeaked a little, letting out a little splutter of nonsense as he pushed Minho off his lap. 

Minho giggled. "What's wrong?" he asked, poking Jisung's side. 

Jisung shoved Minho's poking hand away, crawling away from him to avoid being tickled. 

"You're just assuming I'm gonna be your housewife, huh?" Jisung shot back. "Well, sorry to disappoint you, miss veterinarian, but I'm gonna be a super successful rich and famous music producer! And everyone will want to work with me and I'll be like super expensive and high demand and I'll be able to buy anything I want because I'll be super duper rich! And I'll sure as hell be able to support two people and three cats. So if we're thinking realistically, why are you even going to college?"