eighty.

Jisung furrowed his brow as he stepped into the bathroom, first letting his eyes fall on Minho, who in turn looked super stressed out. His fingers were threaded through his messy hair and his graduation cap was tossed haphazardly on the bathroom floor. 

Jisung then turned to the figure who was sitting on the edge of one of the sinks, tears streaming down his annoyingly perfect face. 

Hyunjin sent a tiny wave in Jisung's direction while not even bothering to look at the boy. Instead, he squeezed his eyes shut as more tears fell, soaking the front of his hoodie. 

His shoulders shook, but no sound came out. 

He cried silently. 

"What's... going on?" Jisung asked cautiously, feeling some worry for Hyunjin despite obviously not wanting to. Just seeing the boy in such a state made Jisung's heart ache for him. 

Minho sighed, sending a quick look Hyunjin's way before speaking. "I came in to go to the bathroom and he was in here crying and- fuck, I have no idea what to do in this situation, Ji," Minho said, throwing his hands back into his unruly hair, closing his eyes in frustration. "You know I can't stand you, Hyunjin. So I don't know- I don't know what you want me to do, okay?" 

Hyunjin just hung his head and cried, saying nothing in return. 

"What happened?" Jisung asked quietly, taking a hesitant step towards Hyunjin. "Are you- are you okay?" 

Minho stepped forward and took Jisung's hand in his, bringing it up to his face and resting his cheek against it, closing his eyes. "I really can't stand him," he said quietly, almost a whisper. "He hurt my friend and I never tolerate that kind of stuff, but fuck, I can't just let him cry like this. But the way he acted with Changbin-" 

"Just tell me what happened," Jisung offered, "and I can try to help." 

Minho opened his eyes to glance at Jisung, then gave a small nod. 

"Okay. Yeah." He pulled away from Jisung's hand, turning to look at Hyunjin again. "I came in and he was already like this, so I asked what was wrong and he- and he said- he said he was scared."

Jisung furrowed a brow but kept listening. 

"I asked him what he meant and he said he came today because he wanted to talk to Changbin." Minho's voice strained a little as he said this, clearly angry that Hyunjin would have the audacity to even mention Changbin. 

Hyunjin just shook harder with every word. 

"But he can't," Minho continued. "He can't talk to Changbin." 

Hyunjin let out a short muffled sob, his hand flying up to his mouth as again he became silent. 

"He says he can't, he keeps repeating it and I don't know what to do. That's all he'll tell me, Ji. He's scared. He can't talk to him. He can't do it, he can't hurt him. And I don't fucking know what the fuck he's crying about because he won't fucking communicate!" Minho let out an angry breath, starting to pace. 

Jisung watched Minho for a second then let his eyes focus back on Hyunjin, who had his head hung so low, almost in shame. 

"Why can't you talk to Changbin?" Jisung asked quietly. 

Hyunjin didn't respond. 

Jisung took a step closer, putting a hesitant hand on Hyunjin's shoulder. "Hyunjin, we wouldn't stop you. If you needed to talk to him, we would never stop you. We just don't want him to get hurt anymore." 

At this, Hyunjin threw Jisung's hand off his shoulder and fell to the ground, burying himself in his own cold embrace. 

"Hyunjin-"