thirty-nine.

"We should play a gaaaaaaame," a relatively drunk Felix whined as the four boys sat on the floor around the coffee table, a beer bottle in one hand and a slice of pizza in the other. "I'm bored." 

Changbin sighed, rubbing his forehead with his hands. "Lix, we just played truth or dare and spin the bottle. What else do you want from us?" 

Jisung shivered at the memories. 

Felix grinned devilishly. "Seven minutes in heaven," he said under his breath. 

Minho choked on beer, spitting it all over the floor and down the front of his shirt. He blushed furiously, quickly wiping up the liquid with his sleeve as he avoided Jisung's eye contact. 

Pretty sure I'm literally the only person ever who can embarrass myself in front of my crush this many times in one night, Minho thought to himself furiously as he scolded his awkward behavior in his head. 

Minho is so cute, Jisung thought, blushing and rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly. 

Changbin sighed heavily. "Lix. You're drunk. You've already kissed Minho, stuck your head in the toilet, and bought fifty dollars worth of white peaches. Are you sure you want to keep playing games? I feel like you're really going to regret it in the morning." 

Felix stood, grabbing Changbin's wrist and leading him to the nearest closet. (How he knew where the nearest closet in Changbin's house was, no one will ever know.) 

Changbin sputtered out a protest, but before he could say anything remotely understandable over the pounding of his own heart, Felix was shutting the door on them. 

"Set a seven minute timer!" he called out as the door swung shut. 

Minho whipped out his phone, setting a timer and shutting his phone off again. 

"Soooo," Jisung said, looking anywhere but at Minho and trying to ignore the noises coming from the closet. 

Minho scooted closer to the younger boy, gently putting his hand on Jisung's knee. 

"Hey, are you doing okay? I know this whole get drunk thing was your idea, but you really don't seem to be enjoying yourself. We can all put the alcohol away and stop if you want." He looked down at Jisung, concerned. 

Jisung sighed, trying so hard to stop the deep blush from creeping onto his cheeks. 

Failed. 

Minho had better stop acting so cute and caring really soon or Jisung might just die. 

"No, I'm okay," Jisung quickly assured Minho. "Plus, you and Felix are already really drunk. There's no turning back now," he teased. 

Minho rolled his eyes. "We're not that drunk." 

"Uh, you willingly kissed him." 

Minho giggled. "Oh, yeah." 

And just like that, the conversation died. 

Jisung was desperately trying to think of something to talk about when Minho gently rested his head in Jisung's lap, his eyes fluttering shut. 

Jisung blushed even harder, but his fingers automatically went to Minho's hair, running through the soft locks slowly. 

Minho's lips cocked up in an almost-smile, but his eyes stayed closed. 

They stayed like that, silent, for a few minutes, until Jisung started to wonder when the timer would go off. 

"How many minutes are left?" he asked reluctantly, sad to end the moment. 

Minho sat up again, grabbing his phone off the ground. "Uh, fifty-three minutes," he said nonchalantly, glancing at the screen.