forty-three.

Minho giggled, swinging his legs back and forth as he sat on the edge of Jisung's bed, looking around the younger boy's bedroom. 

The door was wide open (per Mrs. Han's request) and Jisung was awkwardly pacing back and forth, shushing Minho whenever his giggling got too loud. 

"I swear," Jisung hissed aggressively, "your drunk state is the weirdest thing ever. Half the time you act completely normal, and the other half of the time it's so obvious. Can't you just sober up already? If my mom finds out we were drinking she'll literally cut my head off with a cheese grater." 

Minho shrugged. "I don't feel drunk. I feel normal." 

"Yeah, well you're not acting normal." 

Minho shrugged again. "Maybe it's because you make me flustered." 

Jisung paused, his cheeks slowly heating up. "What?" he asked quietly. 

"I like you." 

Jisung blushed furiously. 

Minho giggled. 

"JISUNG!" someone suddenly screamed from the hallway. "JISUNG, WHY DID I JUST GET A BILL FROM THE HOSPITAL?" 

Jisung jumped at the abrupt noise, hurriedly trying to erase the blush from his cheeks with his fists as he hurried over to the door. 

"I just cut my hand," he yelled back. "I'm okay, it wasn't too bad-" 

"NEXT TIME THINK ABOUT ALL THE THINGS YOU'RE MAKING ME PAY FOR BEFORE YOU GO AND DO SOMETHING STUPID," she yelled, not even letting him finish. "THIS IS COMING OUT OF YOUR BANK ACCOUNT, NOT MINE. THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR OWN MISTAKES." 

Jisung sighed, rubbing his temples with his fingers. "Okay, mom," he said, probably not actually loud enough for her to hear. 

He turned back to his bedroom, his semi-good mood absolutely ruined by his overbearing mother. He looked over at Minho, who was happily studying the TV - which was turned off. 

"You wanna watch a movie?" Jisung asked, plopping down next to Minho on the bed. He grabbed the remote, pressing the button to turn the TV on. 

Minho nodded. "Can I pick?" 

"Sure. Want a Disney movie or something?" 

The older boy quickly shook his head. 

"An action movie? Maybe a Marvel one?" 

Another head shake. 

"A drama?" 

Minho pouted. "You don't know what I liiiiiiiike," he whined, pounding his fists against the bed. 

Jisung sighed. "Then tell me what you like." 

Minho huffed out an angry puff of air. "No," he said, lying on his side, crossing his arms across his chest, and turning to face away from Jisung. 

Jisung rolled his eyes, poking Minho in the side. Minho didn't react. "Minho Minho Minho Minho Minho," Jisung said, poking Minho over and over. "Yo. Answer me," he added in English. 

Minho glanced at him. 

Then he turned to face Jisung.