seventy-two.

Jisung swung his leg over his windowsill as quietly as he could. He was hoping he could get down quicker than last time, since he could see Minho's car parked, lights still on, across the street and he didn't want to make the older wait longer than he had to.

Other than him and a squirrel watching him with big round eyes, the night was still and silent. No wind, No birds chirping. No mom screaming.

The silence was comforting in a way.

Jisung inched down the tree, shutting his window softly once he was fully out of his room and depending on the tree for full support. Once the window was closed, he tried his best to move fast without falling or making noise.

Once his feet firmly hit the ground, he brushed himself off and turned to glance at the front of his house.

Everything was dark and still-

-until it wasn't.

Jisung jumped in surprise as the lights suddenly switched on in the window that led to his mom's bedroom.

Jisung looked at the window, then back at Minho's car, then at the tree, then at the window again.

He didn't have time.

Jisung's breath sped up and his heart rate increased as he realized that there was no way he could get back up the tree and into his bed again without his mom hearing or catching him.

He stood there, frozen, and silently begged that his mom was just going to the bathroom, that the light would turn off.

And it did.

The breath of relief that escaped Jisung's lips was shaky and hesitant. He took a step back, eyeing his house hesitantly.

The lights were off again, it was fine, it would be fine, it was fine. The lights were off, they were...

On again?

But not his mom's room. Those lights stayed off.

But his bedroom light switched on.

Jisung gasped, and without another thought, he turned towards Minho's car, and he fucking ran

a/n sorry short update :(