eighty-four.

Minho and Jisung left the check-up with bandage-less hands, Jisung's arm being the only thing that still had stitches in it. With a reassurance from Dr. Kim that he'd be healed soon, Jisung followed Minho out of the hospital and got back into the car, breathing deeply to try and calm his anxieties about going back home. 

"Okay, so I'm gonna come inside with you and if your mom tries anything, I'm gonna burn the house down. Deal?" 

Jisung turned to look at Minho, trying to decide if he wanted to frown or laugh. "No. No deal." 

Minho pouted. "Damn. Fine." 

Jisung giggled, shaking his head quickly. "We're gonna go in, go straight to my room, grab a bunch of shit and leave. The end." 

Minho nodded. "Sure, okay. But what if she wants to talk to you? What are you gonna do then?" 

Jisung shrugged. "I mean, I don't want to talk to her, but-" 

"Wrong answer." 

"Minho, I'm not gonna just fully ignore her." 

"Then I'm not gonna drive you there." 

Jisung sighed, head dropping into his lap. "Ugh. I don't know what the right thing to do is." 

Minho pulled his phone out of his pocket, holding it up and turning it on, starting to type something. 

"Eek! Watch the road!" Jisung squeaked, yanking Minho's phone out of his hand. 

Minho frowned. "I'm a good multi-tasker." 

"I don't care." Jisung paused, glancing down at the phone to see that the search engine was open. "What were you doing?" 

"Looking up the definition of 'mom' so I could prove to you that the lady living in your house isn't one, so you'd understand that you have no sort of obligation to acknowledge her existence if we see her." 

Jisung rolled his eyes. "Fine, okay, I won't talk to her." 

"Good-" 

"But what if she's sober? What if she's not hostile? What if she's cooked a bunch of food for me or what if she has cookies? What then?" 

Minho chuckled, resting a hand on Jisung's knee. "What if a murderer had cookies? Would you go talk to them?" 

"I mean, I dunno, probably." 

Minho scoffed. "Whatever. Stop being cute, it's fucking sickening." 

Jisung rolled his eyes, a smile prodding at his lips. "Hypocrite." 

They drove the rest of the way in silence, Jisung and Minho both in deep thought about the complicated situation that they very well could be walking right into. 

"We're here," Minho said quietly as he pulled up in front of Jisung's house. 

"Mhm," Jisung hummed, his eyes not leaving his lap. He took a deep breath. 

"Hey," Minho said softly, reaching out to hold Jisung's hand. "I can just go in alone. You don't even have to see her." 

Jisung looked up at Minho, giving him a small nervous smile. "Yes I do." 

Minho frowned. "No you don't." 

"Minho, I want to at least say goodbye. Because if I'm being honest, I don't really want to see her at all after this." 

"She doesn't deserve a goodbye," Minho grumbled. 

"But don't I?" 

They were both silent for a while. 

Jisung finally took a deep breath. "Okay. You ready?" 

Minho smiled a little. "Are you ready?" 

"Nope!" Jisung turned and opened his door, climbing out of the car. "Come on," he said before shutting the door behind him. 

He anxiously pulled on his ear, taking a few slow steps forward. Minho's car door shut behind him. 

He felt Minho's hand take his, helping to erase some of the turmoil racing through him. 

"It's gonna be okay," Minho said quietly. "I'm with you." 

"Okay," Jisung whispered, voice shaking.