forty-two.

If you ever go to your friend's friend/crush's house and your friend/crush happens to be there and you all decide to hang out and eat pizza and maybe get drunk, make sure to not cut your hand open, because once that happens you officially can't drive yourself home, which means you need a ride home, and of course your friend/crush will probably offer to take you home, which leads to an awkward, silent car ride in your car that you can't drive because your stupid hand hurts like hell and so now you're dependent, and the last person you want to be dependent on is your friend/crush, but he's already offered, and he's so cute and sincere and beautiful and it's just too hard to say no - too hard to say anything, really, especially because this friend/crush may have confessed to you and kissed you in a closet a few hours earlier, and now your cheeks are heated up and your heart is beating so fast and the butterflies in your stomach are going crazy all because of one stupid person who makes you so happy and giddy and excited and awkward and confused all at the same time. 

Not that Jisung would know that from experience, obviously

Minho drove Jisung's car silently, his eyes glued to the road as Jisung shifted uncomfortably in the passenger's seat. 

"Turn left here," Jisung said quietly, his eyes not leaving his lap. 

Minho nodded, following the instructions while trying to memorize exactly how to get back to Changbin's house after dropping Jisung off. 

Since Minho was driving Jisung home in Jisung's car, he had left his own car at Changbin's place and would have to walk back to Changbin's house afterwards to get it. 

"Another left." The quiet directions again came from Jisung, though he still wouldn't look up. 

Minho couldn't decide if Jisung's awkwardness made him hopeful or hopeless. Jisung hadn't said anything about what had happened in the closet, so Minho honestly had no idea how the younger boy felt. 

Minho sighed, then straightened his back, determined to break the awkward silence. "It was really nice of-" 

"Stop, stop, this is my house," Jisung suddenly called out, causing Minho to slam on the brakes. Both boys flew forward, but luckily they were both buckled up safely so it was okay. 

Minho glanced over at Jisung, who was blushing furiously. 

"S-Sorry," he blabbered messily, waving his arms around frantically and awkwardly as he tried to apologize. "I wasn't paying attention. I was, er, d-distracted. I didn't mean to startle you. Y-You know what, I'll j-just go now." Jisung unbuckled himself and was out of the car before Minho could say anything. "Thanks for the ride!" he squeaked, shutting the door and zooming straight into his house. 

Minho blinked, realizing that he hadn't even said bye - and he was still in Jisung's car. 

He glanced over and realized he had the keys to Jisung's car (of course he did, how else would he be driving it), so he quickly parked the car, got out and walked slowly to the front door of the house. 

Once he got there, he raised his arm to knock, but before he could the door flew open to reveal an out-of-breath Jisung, who squealed and jumped in fear when he realized Minho was right there. 

"Uh, hi," Minho laughed, rubbing the nape of his neck with his hand. "You forgot to take your car keys." He smiled gently, placing the keys in Jisung's hand. 

Jisung swallowed. "Um, I was actually wondering. . . ." 

"Yeah?" 

"DoyouwanttomaybejuststaythenightbecauseIdon'twantyoutohavetowalkhomealoneandIfeelbadandyeahifyouwanttostayyoucanbutImeanyoudon'thaveto," Jisung spat out, saying it fast enough that it could probably be a sick rap verse if he wanted it to be. But he didn't, of course, because he wasn't thinking about verses or rapping or flows or anything like that at the moment.