Chapter 16

THIRD PERSON

"Go now,"  Yerin gulped. When working, Jennie is far from what she appears like around her friends. And her haunting voice will always scare Yerin, "And Yerin? Don't get hurt." Yerin smiled to herself all of a sudden. Right, she's still my annoying yet caring friend.

Yerin took off the earpiece and stepped on it, breaking it. She breathed heavily and started walking inside the little house. Despite being a small house, it sure does give you an eerie feeling and make you think twice before entering it.

"Hey, have some manners, at least knock." Yerin rolled her eyes at the guy who just smiled at her, as if thinking of something to do to her.

"What are you exactly doing here?" He bit on his apple and offered it to Yerin, who scrunched her face in return. He chuckled.

"We had an agreement. You can't let people know about LJ Kim."

He put down the unfinished apple and sat on the countertop. "Sir ordered her to. And you really think Sir is going to follow what you wrote on that useless paper?" He chuckled.

Yerin's jaw tightened. That fucker, I swear I am so gonna slit his throat and let his followers eat his esophagus and we'll see.

The tall guy gave Yerin a pointed look. "And you did not followed the agreement either. You can't let those stupid childhood friends of Jennie to see her. It's only fair." The guy shrugged.

"Then we have no choice but to eliminate each one of you."

"You don't stand a chance on me, Yerin."

"Oh, please. I got you calling for a backup when we fought. Fighting a woman got your knees trembling in fear, big guy?" This was not what Jennie planned. Yerin knew that if something happened to her, it's not something they expected. Yes, she may have had him trembling in fear months ago, but that could change now. He could be more powerful now, he have a Devil's blood running through his veins, to note.

"Are you scared? Call for your mommy now." Yerin continued mocking him to infuriate the guy and it was working. It was like there would be smoke coming out of his nose.

Yerin just wishes Jennie would realize that something went wrong and would be the one to continue their plan because a simple failure and their lives are at risk. It's not like her life is not at risk as of the moment, though.

The bright sky started to turn dim, until the lights went off and the only light is the lightning that seems to appear from time to time followed by a tremendous thunder and finally, the sound of the drops of rain hitting the roof of the small house.

Yerin blinked and in that moment, she knew that she shouldn't have because in a split second, the infuriating tall guy is not in front of her anymore.

The lightning strikes and at the same time, the guy was going to attack from behind her. Luckily, she manages to dodge.

She heard him chuckle. "You don't stand a chance on me, Jung Yerin." He repeated.

"Bring it on, Kim Jongin."

The two started throwing punches at each other, Yerin is at advantage. She is and she knows it. She is a very strong woman after all, but she also know that Jongin haven't showed what his power is. Hell, he could be a dual holder for all she know.

Seeing as Yerin was not focused on their fight, Jongin took it as an advantage and threw a punch on her diaphragm which made Yerin's knees wobbled.

She had a trouble breathing. That's my fucking diaphragm!

"A simple punch and you're already weeping in pain?" Jongin grinned, giving goosebumps all over her petite body. "Is that all you've got?" He tsked.