Chapter 3

JISOO

"Yes, Thank you. Bye!" Chaeyoung bid her goodbye to the others as I started the engine and started maneuvering to our house.

"This is a very tiring day." Lisa started. I glanced at her and Chaeyoung from the rearview mirror.

"Yes. But at least now we know a little details as to why she left us without a word." Chaeyoung mumbled, her eyes glued outside.

"I'm excited at the same time worried. What if she pushes us away if we found her?" Worried was clearly visible on Lisa's face as she fidgeted her fingers.

"She won't." I countered. Right, she won't. She won't be able to resist us. She just can't. Funny how I was getting them hopeless last night and it's the opposite.

"Jisoo's right. She will always offer us everything we asked for." Chaeyoung nodded as she turn her gaze on Lisa and glanced at me from the rearview mirror.

"Up for a lunch?" I asked. I haven't eaten anything since last night.

"We'll talk about the mission on the mansion." Chaeyoung says and we both nodded, getting out of the car.

We entered a restaurant named 'Today Is Wendy'. A very nice name for a restaurant. I could even use that as my username on Instagram except that I don't have such.

"Good afternoon, ladies. Table for three?" The blonde girl asked.

"Uh, four." Chaeyoung answered. It had been like that. We'll left an empty chair or space for Jennie, it will always be the four of us and not three.

"Follow me please. I am Wendy, the owner of the restaurant." She guided us to s four seated table. "Please be seated, here's the menu." She gave us two menus and left.

"Tteokbokki, Kimchi and Sundae?" I asked. The two nodded silently.

Lisa is unusually silent, I don't like it one bit. What is even running inside her head? Was she just really worried? Or there is something more?

"Kimchi, Tteokbokki and Sundae. Each of you?" I nodded at the waiter. The owner, Wendy was out of sight. "Right away, ma'am." And the waiter left.

We were left in awkward silence. Why are they being awkward anyway?

"You two are unusually silent." I pointed. "Is there something I should worry about?"

As Chaeyoung's gaze met mine, she quickly averted her eyes off mine and it only left me suspicious.

"It's nothing, can't we be silent?" Lisa mumbled. Wait a minute, Lisa mumbling? Lisa being silent? Is this even true?

"Seriously—"

"Here's your order ma'am." The waiter interrupted and serve us our orders. It's a lot, but our stomach can handle specially Chaeyoung's.

We started eating. Slurp here, slurp there. Munch here, munch there. We eat until our stomach can't take it anymore. Well, Chaeyoung's still can.

Did I already mentioned how much of a foodie Chaeyoung is? If I haven't, now you know. And she doesn't even gain weight.

I checked the time and my eyes almost went out of its socket at the realization that we almost ate for 2 hours. "I'm so full."

I stared at Lisa. "You should be. We almost brought everything here." I rolled my eyes when Chaeyoung burp.

"Sorry."  She apologizes.

I stood up. "Let's go, we still have to pack our things."

As we went outside the restaurant, the cold air brushed through my hair. She's somewhere near.

"RJ, come on!" We heard and we all turn our head in synced and found two girls. The other one gives off a friendly vibe, while the other called 'RJ' looks snob. Just like her.

The snob girl, RJ was looking at us. When our gaze met, my heart skipped a beat. The same cat eyes, but RJ isn't Jennie's name now.

I averted my eyes off her and dragged the other two inside the car. I can see from the side mirror that the friendly looking girl was clinging on the snob one.

And then, she smiled.

The same gummy smile that she seldom show.

"Earth to Jisoo." Lisa snapped a finger in front of me as it brought me back to reality.

I shake my head and started the engine to head home. I can't wait to see you, I can't wait to tell you that.

CHAEYOUNG

I sat down on the huge stone next to a tree as I watched the peaceful flow of the river. It's nice here.

As I raised a finger, the water followed. I snapped my finger and it went back down to where it was.

I smiled when I remembered something.

"Raised your finger and try to connect yourself with the water."

"Rosie, remember to always practice, so if I am not around. You would be able to protect yourself." It was the longest sentence she had ever said.

I nodded as I did what she told me to do and hugged her when it worked.

"Jennie, it's working!" I smiled happily and hugged her. And then something unexplainable happened. My heart skipped a beat.

"Jennie. My heart is beating so fast, am I dying?" She just smiled and shakes her head. "No, Rosie. You're not."

I sighed at the memory. "Yes, Jennie. I am dying." I smiled as I jumped to the water with the moon watching me.

LISA

I have been staring at the fire for almost half an hour. I snapped my fingers and it vanished.

Sighing, I stood up and brushed the invisible dirt on my pants and started walking inside the mansion when a wind brushed to my face.

I turn around and caught a glimpse of a woman in the dark. I smiled at it and stepped closer to her. But my smile fell when she vanished.

Why can't you show yourself to me? Why, Jennie, why?

"Jennie, where are you?" I screamed in the dark forest as I lost sight of her. She was nowhere to be found now.

I started crying, I hate darkness. I so much hate it. "Jennie, please. It's so dark in here."

And then I felt someone pulled me and I was met with a body. "Shh, don't cry. I'm here."

And with that, I stopped crying. My body relaxed. She was hugging me and I felt safe, I felt home.

With the moon watching us, my heart skipped a beat. I froze and Jennie shifted. "What's wrong, Lalisa?"

"Jennie, my heart is racing. Jennie, I think I'm going to die!" I panicked.

She just smiled and shakes her head, the moon was making her glow. She's always beautiful and then, it happened again. The fastening pace of my heart as I stared at her. "No one's dying."

"Lalisa, I will always find my way back to you and protect you."

My eyes looked up, the moon was shining brightly. "No, Jennie. I will find my way back to you."

I smiled as a gush of wind brushed to my body. I missed you, too, Jennie. I missed you, too.