Chapter 3

Princess makes it to her dorm room and flops on her bed and shoves her face in her pillow. The door opens and Catlin walks in, she sees princess on her bed.

"Oh hey Princess, what are you doing here?" She asked walking into the roo.

"..."

Getting no reply she walks over and sits on her bed.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She said putting her hand on Princess's shoulder.

"Why does life have to be so unfairnest Catlin." Princess said getting up with her pillow in her hand.

"This is about true hearts day Isn't it?" Catlin said.

"How did you know?" Princess asked.

"The only time you get like this is when true hearts day comes around." Catlin said.

"Is it that obvious?" Princess asked embarrassed.

"Oh it is very obvious. You used to love, love, but ever since Dutchess gave up her destiny and it fell on your shoulders. It's like your love slowly disappeared. Where did it go Princess?" Catlin asked.

"I-I don't know." Princess said.

"Listen Princess. You can't keep doing this to yourself. Sometimes the things we really want are really worth fighting for." Catlin said and she got up and walked to the door.

"You may not get it now, but you will." Catlin said.

"How are you so sure?" Princess asked looking towards her.

"Because. One, I'm your best friend and two, have I ever been wrong?" Catlin said.

"No. You haven't." Princess said.

"Exactly." Catlin said about to leave.

"Catlin?" Princess said.

"Yeah?" Catlin asked.

"Could you do me a favour and help Cupid and Briar with the party, I'm not...really feeling that up to it anymore." Princess said and Catlin sighed.

"Alright." Catlin said closing the door.

*Later*

A goose just delivered the next batch of deliveries to ever after high.

"And so you're telling me all these hear shaped cakes are for your, play?" Grimm asked

"Yep." Briar said.

"For the play!" Cupid said.

"You know it." Hopper said.

"There for that really funny scene where,uh, Briar throws them at Hopper." Cupid said.

"Excuse me?"

"Oh yeah. It's such a funny scene. I just wind up and, ugh!" Briar said taking out a cake from the box Cupid was holding and throws it at Hopper.

*Splat!*

Hopper licks around his mouth, smiles and gives a thumbs up.

"Very well." Grimm said after looking at them suspiciously making the others sigh in relief.

"Hey guys, how's it going with the play?" Catlin asked walking towards them.

"Oh yeah, uh, the play. It's going great!" Cupid said.

"Don't worry about it Princess told me the details and asked me to help you guys." Catlin said.

"She's not helping out anymore, but why?" Hopper asked.