Chapter 6

"What are you waiting for, finish it!" Rothbart yelled.

Roberth was conflicted, he wanted to get rid of this person to forget about him...make him disappear. But, his reflection in that mirror is stopping him.

His body was covered in his violent green flames, his eyes glowed a sinister looking green and his hair floated around his face.

Is that…me? He thought frozen in his spot.

"Hey...What's the matter son? You're hesitating in truth you really do want to be like me, you know it as well as I do…deep down in your heart you know that no matter what you do no matter what you say this is what you were born for...to destroy everything...I mean just look what you did to your soon to be dead girlfriend." Rothbart grinned and this really struck a nerve in Roberth. 

"Aarrgghh!" He yelled and threw the blast at his father's head.

*Bam!*

The blast left a charred mark on the ground right beside Rothbart's head.

"Why?" He asked, confused. Roberth sighed and walked away from his father.

"Where are you going? Finish me only then can you get rid of me!" Rothbart yelled to the retreating figure of Roberth, the young teen stopped and looked back at him.

"....I can't." He said.

"Now that's just pathetic...if you can't finish me then that just makes you weak, a disappointment." Rothbart glared.

"Call what you want, even if I did get rid of you...deny you completely. It won't change the fact that you're my dad and that you're a part of me. I care about you despite everything you've done to me, but it doesn't mean I forgive you...at least not yet. Now if you don't mind I have a Princess to save." Roberth said and walked away.

"No, where do you think you're going?! Get back here and finish me!" Rothbart yelled.

"Oh and one more thing, my dad doesn't yell. But props to you almost had me fooled for a moment there." Roberth said, sending one last look to the fake version of his dad.

"No, no, No!" Rothbart yelled as he started to vanish. A door appeared before Roberth and he sighed and grabbed the knob, when he got to the otherside another half of the heart waited in front of him.

He smiled and took it in his hand, he brought out the other half and connected the two of them. The heart glowed as it repaired the crack and glowed a bright light that blinded him.

When it was over he opened his eyes to a warm and beautiful meadow.

"Whoa!" He gasped as he noticed his outfit change.

The heart started moving and he followed it, the heart led him past branches and bushes until they finally reached an archway covered in vines. The heart glowed and the vines separated and Roberth gasped.

"Princess!" He yelled as he finally found her and rushed to her side. Princess was still a swan but like Apple she was in a glass coffin perched up against a tree.

Roberth knelt down beside her as It's cover slid right off. He desperately brought out the two halves and put them together to make a whole and put them next to her chest.

The heart started to sneakily glow in between the crack, until it dimmed and the heart broke in two.

"No,no,no,no,no,no. Please no." He whispered and he noticed how flowers were wilting right in front of him. Despite everything he's done. He failed.

"I've really done it now. I've failed...I really failed you Princess. I've failed everybody, my love wasn't enough." He whimpered as he knelt beside her coffin.