Chapter 4

Catlin and the girls are frantically running back to ever after high, Cerise looks back to see the plants and animals grey and somewhat look wilted.

"Come on Cerise!" Catlin said grabbing Cerise and ran.

At the fair Cedar is walking around.

"Looking good!" She said as she secretly makes a disgusting gesture."Love the dress." She said as she scoffed.

"Cedar, where's that book of riddles?" Lizzy asked as she and the rest of the gang stood beside her. Princess now awake but fairly weak and still on Roberth's back.

"I don't what you're talking about." She said.

"Oh yes you do I saw you reading it during the chef showdown and- Ah! Cedar is lying!" Lizzy said shocked.

"Okay, this curse is so not! Hattastic." Maddie said.

"We've gotta do something and fast!" Roberth said.

"Well, how are we gonna find the book." Bunny said making Alistair think.

"By asking her a lie, of course!" He said in realisation. "Cedar where didn't you put the book when you were done reading it?" He asked.

"I didn't throw it in the dumpster behind the Castleteria if that's what you're asking." She said.

"Aha it worked! Let's go." He said and they all ran towards the Castleteria.

"He is so smart." Cedar said to their retreating figures.

Meanwhile the girls are running through bookend with the darkness right on their tail, it passes over people causing them to grey and wilt.

"Sword, magic wand, useless beans!" Lizzy said as she threw them out on the other hand Roberth put the weakened Princess down.

"What's wrong Princess?" He asked.

"The magic of wonder is... fading." She said.

"Magic of wonder?... you mean something's wrong with the well, but why is that hurting you?" He asked.

"Magic between worlds is connected in many different ways...one cannot function without the other... and the harmony is broken. I am now connected to that magic, so it is now it affects me as well." She said.

"I wish I could help you, I wish I could save you." He muttered as he held her close.

"Hey guys I've got it, we've gotta get this book to the spring fairest grounds to reverse the curse before it's too late!" Alistair said, but the  darkness was closing in and it was closing in fast.

The girl made it to the spring fairest grounds.

"Raven over there!" Cerise said.

"Apple!" Raven said as they got to the them.

"You again, ugh Raven I really don't see why you're so upset you never wanted to follow your destiny anyway." Apple said.

"I don't know what's with you, but Apple White, the awesome Apple White that I know and love would never ever want anything to happen to the school she loves." Raven said as Apple yawns uninterested.

"Apple you have the best story ever after." Holly said.

"You're all about protecting this world, not this." Briar said.

"Itsa good thing she's not the only one." Princess said as she walked towards them.

"Princess!" Catlin yelled as she hugged her friend. "Princess the well, it's--"