Chapter 3

Rosabella knocked on Daring's door hoping to talk to him once more.

"Daring. I really need to see you." She said.

"Rosabella? Uh--ha– why? Is there nothing new or unusual going on with me haha." He chuckled from the otherside of the door but Rosabella wasn't convinced as she tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge like it was blocked.

"Open the door." She said sternly but the door closed tight and so she forced her way in with one big push.

"What are you doing?" She asked

"Um, catching up on homework." Daring said as he used a tiny book to cover up his beastly body. "Oh no my quill fell under the bed." He said and hopped on over to the otherside of the bed which did nothing to cover.

"Mm-hmm." Rosabella hummed and walked towards him. 

"Still so cold in the dorm…brr?" He muttered as he stood with a blanket in front of him.

"Drop the comforter. Daring I can see the fur on your toes." She said, referring to his big furry feet.

"Ha, ha those are just my new um fuzzy slippers yes!" He said.

"Let me see you." She said and ripping the blankets out of his claws to bring his beart body into full view.

"D-oh-on't look at me-e! I'm hideous!" He cried.

"No! You're still you." She said.

"I don't know who I am anymore! Without my looks I'm nothing, I'm nothing!" He cried.

"It's not the end of the world. I know you want to be a Prince but maybe– you're a beast." She said and he gasped.

"No one wants to be a beast!" He yelled.

"Um my dad is a beast." She frowned and then he started coughing. He crouched down on all fours and coughed up a hairball.

"It's– a hairball." She said.

"Prince Charming does not get hairballs!" He screeched.

"Put all this focus on the outside instead of what's on the inside maybe all this fur has something to do with your destiny." She said and he blinked.

"It's okay. I'm still handsome just in a more furry way." Daring smiled at himself in the mirror. "Ha! Ha! I've got nothing to hide." He said as he walked out the door. 

"Whoa hey." Rosebella gasped as she chuckled nervously when he went out. "You sure you want to do that?" She asked and people gasped as he walked out through the halls.

"Hey girls, what's new?" He asked as he stopped beside Raven and Maddie and they gasped.

"No guys it's me, Daring I still got it…right?" He asked.

"That's a face uh…mama bandersnatch could love." Maddie strained a smiled. 

"Oh-oh-oh." Chuckled, sounding pleased. 

"Daring!" Apple gasped. "What happened to you? You're a beast!" She said.

"No, it's a phase!" He whined. "You think I'm a joke don't you? Don't judge me." He gruffed as he ran away.

****

Utop the ever after high roofs Faybelle was scrubbing through damage of the Two Evil's. She looked up gleefully when a bright light appeared from behind her and three make fairies with tutu's and ballet slippers appeared.

"We were sent by the fairy mob father. Maybe you need a little somethin' somethin?"

"Yes. You got my message fabless do you do castle restoration?" She asked.