Chapter 5

Rothbart came out from the shadows as he laughed.

"Well done Roberth, I really have to say I couldn't have done it better myself." Rothbart said, making Roberth furious.

"You...you did this?! Do you have any idea what you just made me do?!" He yelled.

"Of course I do, and I didn't make you do anything, I didn't make you move those lips of yours to say your undying love to the wrong girl." Rothbart smirked.

"I have to go." Roberth said but Rothbart grabbed his arm before he could leave.

"Go where do you actually think she'll want  to see the man who sentenced her to death?" Rothbart asked.

"What are you talking about?" Roberth asked confused.

"Oh, poor foolish son of mine. I thought you knew, here let your old man shed a little light Hmm." He said as he wrapped his arm around Roberth tightly bringing Roberth to the window. "Behold my son." He said as he used his other hand to show the enchanted forest...wilting?

"What's going on?" Roberth asked.

"You see my dear boy, when Princess was chosen by the heart it not only connected her to the forest but vice versa and let's just say our families true ancestry awakened along with it so that this time when the next ruler is chosen and her beloved confesses to another...she dies and the forest along with it." He said shocking Roberth and made him go pale.

"No! You're lying!" Roberth growled as he shoved his father away.

"Lying? Why would I lie when the truth is right there." Rothbart said innocently.

No it wasn't possible he couldn't have done that he couldn't have known that…did he really sentence her to...die.

"No,no,no,no,no,no,no this can't be happening!" He yelled in anguish and he curled his fingers in his hair and he ran away desperately.

"Hey he's getting away, aren't you gonna stop him?" Dutchess asked.

"Oh you foolish little Swan he'll be back. Because once you've lost the thing you love, you'll have nothing to live for." Rothbart smirked.

*later*

Back at the enchanted forest the girls were startled; they looked up to see the dark dragons flying above them.

"Get Raven Queen!" Faybelle yelled as they dove towards her. Raven walked up and summoned balls of purple fire from her hands and shot them at the dragons, but they were ineffective. She dove away as they almost caught her.

They circles back and roared as they flew towards her. Raven backed up and the Pixies jumped beside her to assist as they created an energy orb.

"Dark dragons that attacked my night I cast you back til morning light!" Raven yelled and the spell burst into a barrier that pushed the dragons away. They tried to breathe fire against it but it didn't work as the flames came back at their faces making them whimper and fly away.

"No, heel! What are you dragons or chickens?" Faybelle yelled and they dragon she was on bucked like one and flew off catching her by surprise as she hung onto Its tail. 

"We're coming for you Raven and you too Roberth wherever you are!" Faybelle yelled as they flew off.

The barrier let up, but Apple and Princess were still unconscious, one quickly getting worse than the other.

*The next day*

Everyone walked up to Apple's casket with flowers as the Pixies lined her bed with flowers that have not yet wilted.