Prologue

Prologue 

I didn't want to leave. This place is my home and mommy is being so unfair. The decisions of her and daddy are causing me to go far away. Far, far away from everything and everyone! Just because her and daddy aren't together anymore doesn't mean we have to leave! I mean, how far is this place? I've been in the car for days! All I want to do is go back home and play with my best friends. I closed my eyes trying so hard to fall asleep. Hopefully when I wake up we'd be at wherever this place is.

Huge. This house is HUGE. It couldn't possibly be ours. It's so big!! I could fit all my toys and my friends' toys in here too! It had stones all on the outside and had so many flowers. I opened the doorknob so fast and ran inside.

There is a big staircase right in the middle. Floors that I think are wood. It's a very dark brown. My living room is also huge. It has a big TV, couches that were like in a movie theatre and white carpet. The kitchen looked like one on those from a magazine mommy would read. It's a very pretty kitchen. I noticed a pool outside as I walked around the back of my house. We had a pool? NO WAY! I could go swimming with all my friends here! I was starting to love this whole moving thing! My mommy showed me to a room upstairs, which I assumed was the attic but instead was a big room that she said was a loft. I was allowed to have that or the guesthouse that was outside when I was 16. It was my choice!

"You like it sweetheart?" My mother asked.

"Yes mommy! Its so big!" I couldn't help but be excited.

"You don't think it's too modern?" She replied.

"What does that mean mommy?" I asked confused. She just laughed and went quickly to unpacking our boxes. After what seemed like forever, my mom wasn't even close to finished. We still had the kitchen utensils, cleaning stuff, and some clothing left to unpack.

A doorbell rang interrupting my thoughts and I quickly skipped to the blinds to see who it was.

 "Hello, you must be our new neighbor!" I heard a pretty young lady say.

"Why yes, come on in! So sorry I can't offer you anything with me still unpacking," my mother replied.

"No, no need to do anything, we just came to drop off these cookies and welcome you to the neighborhood. I'm Lauren, this is Ethan"

"Ethan come here sweetie," I heard the young lady say.

"Oh Blake come in here quick sweetheart, there's someone here to meet you!" My mother said excitedly. I ran away from the window to meet my new next-door neighbors.

As I came to the front of the door, my mother introduced me to our new neighbor and her son, "Blake this is Mrs Lauren and her son Ethan. Ethan, Miss Lauren this is Blake."

"Nice to meet you Blake, I love the dress you're wearing, very pretty," Mrs Lauren said.

"Thank you Mrs Lauren, I like your hair." I said honestly.

Her hair was a dirty blonde, not like her son Ethan who I believe was hiding from me.

"Ethan say hi to Blake!" Miss Lauren said.

"Hi Blake, I'm Ethan" He said shyly.

"Hi Ethan want to play with my toys?" I asked as nicely as possible.

"Uh actually I was gonna play outside with some friends in the neighborhood if you want to come" He said with his big brown eyes.

" Yes, yes, yes! Please mommy can I go, pretty please?" I asked hoping my mommy would say yes!

She thought for a few seconds before responding, "Okay sweetheart, but be home by sunset, we have to a lot to do and you have school tom-"

"YES! Thank you mommy" I interrupted and quickly ran out of the house with Ethan.