What I Left Behind- Chapter 12

Chapter 12 

Ethan's POV

As a kid, I jumped up and down and couldn't wait for this moment. Now that I'm 17, it feels so nostalgic. I love Christmas more than anything but now that I'm older, I'm not as excited for it as I used to be.

 I got up from my bed, popped one of the pills in my mouth and hopped in the shower.

It was about ten thirty when I got out of the shower. I got dressed, brushed my teeth and reached for my phone by my nightstand. I saw that I had a few new text messages. I looked through them and answered Blake's as the rest were girls from school trying to have a 'good' Christmas night. They're disgusting.

Merry Christmas!! You know the drill, my house at 12. Drew and Charlie are coming as usual(: 

I didn't bother responding. Blake knew I was always there during Christmas, with or without me telling her. I left my room and walked over the snowy lawn towards the rest of my house. Holy crap it's freezing outside!

I ran inside to find my mother in the kitchen and father watching TV. I went to the kitchen and snuck up behind my mom making her jump, "Ethan Cole Bradley, don't you dare do that again!" She screamed at me before smacking me with a dishtowel.

"Merry Christmas to you too mom," I said chuckling.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart. Come on, let's go open presents!" She said putting down a pot and walking me over towards the Christmas tree. My mother loved Christmas more than anything and went all out for the occasion.

"Merry Christmas Dad," I said walking in the living room.

"You to son. Hurry up and open your presents. You're mother is going crazy about you liking them," He said going in to kiss my mom.

"Gross. Leave that business somewhere other than in front of your kid." I said fake gagging.

"Oh shut it. You'll be the same one day, you'll see sweetie." My mom said looking at my dad as if he was the center of her world. Hopefully I will see it one day. My parents are so in love with each other that of course I would want the same for me some day.

After opening presents, it was about time that I was to head over to Blake's. "I'll see you guys around six-ish?" I asked my parents before leaving the house.

"Yeah around six. Tell Rachel that if she needs any help, she knows where to reach me," My mother said before I left.

Outside felt like a damn blizzard. I speed walked over to Blake's house so that the snow wouldn't get over my clothes. I rang the doorbell, as it was a little past 12.

"Look who decided to show up!" Blake said as she opened the door. She was wearing knee high boots with a sweater vest and skinny jeans. Blake never needed to dress up, as she always looked good.

"I'm only a few minutes later Lover Girl," I said inviting myself in.

"Whatever," She said closing the door. We walked into her living room and sat down on the sofa.

"Merry Christmas dork," She said giving me a tight hug as we laid down on the couch.

"You too loser," I replied chuckling.

"Where are the two idiots?" I asked wondering about Drew and Charlie.

"Drew had to pick up Charlie because her parent's took her car into the shop a few days ago. They're running a little late," She said.

The doorbell rang making Blake jumped, "That must be them!" She said shouting over her shoulder. I trailed behind her until we reached the door.

"Merry Christmas!" Blake said and threw her arms around Charlie.