What I Left Behind- Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Ethan's POV

"Who was that on the phone?" Drew asked Charlie just as she came in the door giggling like schoolgirl.

"Blake, I would have given you guys the phone but I didn't want to keep her from the glitz and glamour of Paris so I let her off early." Charlie said shrugging and sitting beside Drew on the couch in my room.

"Yeah that's no problem. I'm going to call her tonight anyways." I said tossing Drew the remote to pick something out to watch.

"Don't you guys find it crazy how we're all going to college next month! Like how exciting." Charlie said with a huge grin spread across her face.

"No. What I find crazy is how Michelle got into JMU." Drew said.

"Yeah now that... that's crazy." I replied chuckling.

"Be nice. I think it's great she got in. It'll be her Blake, Wesley and I all going there. That's like a dream come true for me except we'll be missing you two dorks." Charlie said pouting a little.

"No pouting tiger. Don't forget your boo Jack is going too." Drew said chuckling a little.

Her pout turned to a serious frown within seconds. "Why'd you have to remind me." Charlie said crossing her arms across her chest.

"You guys want anything to drink?" I asked getting up from my couch feeling thirsty.

"Yeah, water is good." Charlie said over her shoulder.

"Make that two!" Drew shouted as I headed to the kitchen.

I reached over the fridge to get three water bottles. All of the sudden my chest started to cramp if that was even possible. I dug my fingers into the handle of the fridge door and struggled to keep my balance.

Holy shit this hurt. I flinched as the pain kept getting worst. After a few minutes of pure agony, I couldn't keep my weight up and so I crouched down on the floor. I was in an awkward position where I was on my knees with my head on the ground.

"Ethan?" I heard Charlie say from the other side of the kitchen.

"Shit, Ethan!" She said running towards me with panic written all over her face.

She pulled me up and sat me down on a stool. She grabbed one of the water bottles and chugged it down my throat for me.

The pain in my chest seemed to ease as the water made its way down my throat.

"What the hell Ethan! Why were you on the floor like that?! Are you okay?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I guess I just spaced out for a second." I lied watching her facial expression closely.

She folded her hands across her chest, "A person doesn't fall on the floor because they spaced out! What's been going on with you? This summer all you've been doing is pressing on your chest as if it were to break. Forget this summer, this past year!" She said throwing her hands up in the air frantically.

Shit, have I been that obvious again? I thought I've become better at hiding it after what happened with Drew.

She was waiting. Waiting for me to respond I guess?

She huffed and leaned against the counter. Yep, she was definitely not leaving until I said something.

"What's taking you guys so long?" Drew said coming into the kitchen. Charlie didn't move nor look at him.