What I Left Behind- Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Blake's POV~

"I think that's it mom." I said frowning.

"I think so too." She said coming to hug me.

We had just finished unpacking everything in my dorm. My mom and Charlie's mom, Mackenzie both came down here to help us move in.

"Call me every day and be careful. I love you." She said letting go.

"I will mom. And I love you always." I said giving her a kiss on her cheek. She had tears welled up in her eyes. My mom was a sucker for goodbyes. That must have been where I got it. I fought the lump in my throat. It was definitely going to be hard not seeing her every day.

"You too little girl." My mom said to Charlie giving her a hug while Mackenzie gave me one as well.

They lectured us for a minute after about being safe and making good choices, the usual lecture they would give us before we went off somewhere by ourselves and then they finally left. Closing the door, Charlie squealed and jumped on her bed, "Free at last baby!" Charlie said kicking the air like a two year old making me laugh.

I heard a knock on the door, "Hey bitches!" Michelle said coming in. It was really good to see her.

"Hey!" Charlie said happily sitting up crisscrossing her legs on her bed looking at Michelle as if she were a new toy.

"My room is just four doors away! Although my roomie is a little quiet so I'm not sure how that's going to work but she'll eventually follow onto my habits. How awesome is this?!" She said just as excited as Michelle. Oh great, I have two three-year olds to look after.

"Super awesome! Wesley is just now finishing his room. I'm going to head over there and see him." Charlie said fixing her hair in the mirror and re-applying some make-up.

"Does he have a roommate?" Michelle asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, he does. Jack." Charlie said giggling.

Michelle pouted, "Did all of Auburn High come here?" Michelle said pouting.

"Not all." I replied, grabbing my phone to see how Ethan was settling in with Drew at UVA.

"You guys coming?" Charlie asked both Michelle and I.

"Yeah. I'll go." Michelle said.

"No, I'm gonna stay here for a little bit. I'll leave soon though." I said. Seeing Wesley was not on my top ten thing to do right now and considering I would be seeing him a lot in the upcoming future, I wanted to at least enjoy the time I had without him now.

"Come on B! We just got here, don't you want to go out?!" Charlie said tilting her head to one side frowning.

"I will I promise. Text me when you guys are heading out of Wesley's and I'll meet you guys." I said trying to reassure her that I'll be participating in today's festivities.

"Okay. Be ready in a half hour." She said leaving with Michelle.

I unlocked my phone and saw two new text messages from Ethan.

My chest ached at how much I missed him. It's only been a few hours since I saw him and I already missed him like crazy. God I hope that it won't be like this from here on out.

I replied to his texts and went to the mirror and straightened my hair. I fixed my red blouse and put on my favorite shorts on. I re-touched my make-up not really caring about how I looked.