What I Left Behind- Chapter 45

A picture of Blake's ring is posted on the side (:

Chapter 45

Blake’s POV

“Holy!”

“Shit, shit shit!” I shouted over and over as I dipped my legs into the hot water in the hot tub.

I started to dip my whole body in and eventually I got used to the steaming water.

I pulled my hair up into a bun and adjusted my red bathing suit.

I let my legs float in the water as I sat down in the tub and closed my eyes.

I managed to get Ethan out of the lodge so he could do what he wanted to since we got here which was to drive around in the snow with his snowmobile. He didn’t want to leave but I could tell he was also excited to do one of his favorite things.

He left about almost an hour ago and in that time I had decided to come in the hot tub.

It was our last day here and we had managed to do a lot of things together these past few days. Skiing, snowboarding, and sledding wouldn’t have been as fun if it weren’t for being with Ethan. He always made everything more interesting.

I tilted my head to the side and looked at the ring on my finger. The sun was shining directly at it making it even shinier.

I still couldn’t believe I was engaged. Every morning felt like a dream to me and if it was, I sure as hell did not want to wake up anytime soon.

I shut my eyes and soaked in the suns rays and the jets hitting my back.

“This seems like the perfect end to a perfect vacation.” I heard Ethan say from outside the tub.

I opened my eyes and saw him already dressed in nothing but shorts.

I gave him a smile and he walked over to me and placed a kiss on my forehead, “Missed you.” He said before hopping into the tub.

“Shit!” He shouted as his body was already completely in.

I laughed, “Holy crap baby, how are you not burning?!” He said looking at me.

I laughed again, “You’ll get used to it in a second.” I responded giggling.

He smirked at me before swimming and walking at the same time across the tub to where I was sitting. He pulled me up from my sitting position and sat down in my spot and pushed my body back down so that I was sitting in his lap.

He wrapped his arms around my stomach and I let my head fall back to his chest and closed my eyes.

“What time is?” I asked.

“Last time I checked it was five ten.” Ethan replied as his fingers stroked my hip.

I sighed, “I don’t want to leave.” I said softly.

“Neither do I.” He replied kissing my shoulder.

I turned around in his arms and faced him, “Thank you.”

He had a small smile tugged at the edge of his lips, “What for?” He asked looking at me.

I smiled, “For bringing me here, for being with me, giving us a second try, proposing to me, for being you.”

His arms tightened around me, “No Lover Girl, thank you, for all of that. I’m the lucky one here.” He said giving me a soft kiss on my lips.

“I love you.” He said softly against my lips.