What I Left Behind- Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Blake’s POV

When we returned to school, I was thankful that Charlie was attending UVA now and was living with Drew. 

It had been two weeks since Wesley’s death and Drew had been a major help with her. Better than me even.

Ethan’s birthday had been last week and although we didn’t go out with the group, I did something special for him and we stayed in.

My move was officially done and I made the place into my own and decided not to decorate it since Ethan and were to move back to Auburn after this semester. I was planned to graduate in May with having all of my credits done and Ethan was going to finish school at the nearby college at home.

Drew might not be going to college next year either if all goes well with the NFL. It all depended though.

I couldn’t even put my head around at the thought of him playing football in the NFL. It was his dream and I was so happy that things were working out for him.

Charlie on the other hand was planning on staying here but her mother has been pushing the thought of her attending the local community college so she could keep a close eye on her.

Although it’s only been two weeks, her mother thinks that what’s best for Charlie is to come home and I had to somewhat agree with her.

Charlie had been an emotional wreck these past years.

“Okay, you’re doing good man. Yeah. You too.” I heard Ethan end the line.

I was looking through a magazine and set it down as he walked over to the couch.

“Drew?” I asked him as he set beside me on the couch.

“Yeah. Charlie’s doing fine.” He said rubbing his hand on the back of my neck.

I nodded because “fine” lately had meant that she’s been the same.

“She needs time. Everyone handles grief differently but she seems to be doing much better than me which is a good thing.” I said closing my magazine and setting it on the coffee table.

“I can’t even think about losing someone again that’s close to me. Especially the love of your life.” I added looking at the space between Ethan and I on the couch.

“Been there done that.” Ethan said turning his head so he was facing me.

I raised an eyebrow.

“I lost you when you left to California.” He replied still rubbing my neck.

“You know what I mean.” I said.

“Yeah I do but you also know what I mean.” He said.

I nodded, “Yeah, I do. And I don’t ever intend on feeling that ever again.” I replied.

He nodded in response.

I saw my phone vibrating on the coffee table and I reached down to get it.

I saw the caller id and almost freaked out.

“Hey! I haven’t heard from you in who knows how long!” I said excitedly as I answered the call.

“Hey you! And I know that’s because it has been a while and I’m sorry about that. School has been keeping me busy over here. Miss you though!” Chase said.

“Miss you too! How are the munchkins?” I asked as I glanced at Ethan.

He raised an eyebrow in curiosity.