What I Left Behind- Chapter 39

Please feel free to leave any comments below (:

Chapter 39

Blake’s POV

“I don’t understand how your hair is already so long again. Tell me your secrets B, it isn’t fair.” Charlie said plopping down on the couch in my loft.

“Shampoo and conditioner I guess.” I responded as I sat down beside her.

All of us drove back home this weekend for Ethan’s engagement party that I have yet to decide on whether or not to go.

“Well, forget the hair. I finally found what I’m wearing tonight, you?” Charlie asked.

“I don’t think I’m going to go.” I said shrugging.

A sad look appeared on her face, “I know that this is hard for you Blake and god I don’t want you to go for his sake, but I sure as hell want you to go for yours.”

“What do you mean? How is going to his engagement party benefiting me?” I asked confused.

“Because today is the day you’ll realize that the boy that you loved, isn’t this idiot marrying a bimbo. You’ll see that it’s really time to move on and that you deserve someone who loves you just as much. And besides, it’s not like it’ll be like you’re unwanted at this thing. Didn’t Ethan blow up your phone last night practically begging you to come?” Charlie asked raising an eyebrow.

“He sent me a few texts here and there.” I said shrugging.

“14 text messages isn’t a few texts B.” Charlie said looking through my phone.

“Hey! Privacy Char.” I said snatching my phone from her.

“There ain’t such a thing in our friendship B.” She said giggling as she got up and pulled a dress from a hanger.

I bit my lip, “What’s the dress code like tonight?” I asked causing Charlie to shriek.

“YES! Now Drew and I wont have to suffer alone!” She squealed.

I laughed, “Let’s just find me something to where.”

****************************************

“Are you sure this isn’t the actual wedding?” I said to Charlie as we walked onto a secluded area on a lake that was decorated specifically for the event.

There was a huge dance floor in the middle and tables all around it with assigned seats. There were lights illuminated the space and there was a DJ playing music but it was very faint as people were just finishing on arriving.

I thanked god that it was warm for it being the end of October. This girl had to have been an idiot for doing this outside. We lived in Virginia, where the weather was supposed to be pretty damn cold during this time. What was she thinking?

I didn’t bother to look at anything or anyone and headed straight for the bar along with Charlie and Drew. Hopefully the barman would be lenient on giving us the drinks due to the “occasion”.

“I spy Rachel and Rick getting pretty frisky.” Charlie said from beside me.

“Ewe, don’t ever say something like that to me again.” I responded.

I turned around and faced the barman, “Can I have a shot of whatever that blue drink is?” I asked.

“It look’s pretty strong, and I’m in desperate need of something strong.” I told him and his eyebrow raised.

“Aren’t you a little young to be drinking ma’am?” He asked leaning his elbows on the bar so that he was looking straight at me.

“Aren’t you observant. May I please just get a drink?”  I said more as a statement than a question.