What I Left Behind- Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ethan's POV

"Blake! We need to leave!" I shouted while playing with Monroe. She came down the stairs minutes later wearing a beige leather jacket that was matched with a coral blouse and skinny jeans along with brown riding boots. She always looked amazing, whether she was wearing sweatpants or an evening gown. Why she bothers trying, who knows?

 "Impatient much?" She asked me.

"No actually. I thought you wouldn't come down until another ten minutes. I should yell for you more often." I replied smirking.

She smiled, "Let's get going. We don't want to be late now, do we?" She stated before patting Monroe bye and exiting her house to my car.

"I can't believe it's already New Years!" Blake said excitedly once we were in the car.

I glanced over at her. She stared out her window, looking at everything that we were passing. "What are you thinking about lover girl?" I asked curiously.

She looked at me and smiled, "I just have a feeling." She replied.

"And what is that feeling dork?" I asked refocusing my attention to the roads.

She giggled, "It's like an instinct that everything's going to change this year. More things than I can comprehend." She said squinting her eyes and scrunching her nose. She must have been really concentrating.

"And what are you now, psychic?" I stated chuckling.

She playfully slapped my arm and laughed, "I wish." She said back.

I laughed at her, "Good things will happen but there's always those hardships that come along with all things that are good." She said just as we were pulling up to Charlie's house.

"Okay psychic." I said taking the key out of the ignition.

She giggled, "You ready?" She asked taking her seat belt off.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied.

Charlie was throwing a New Years party and invited the whole student body. Her parents were out for the night along with Drew's, Blake's mom, and mine.

"About time my two best friends showed up!" Charlie cheered as she opened the door.

"It's only nine thirty Char." Blake responded entering the house.

"Yeah you're lucky we came when we did. Blake still needed another hour but I managed to get her ass out of the house early for once." I said winking at Blake.

She blushed and spun around quickly. I assume she was trying to hide her face but turning around wouldn't help it.

"Baby, where did you go?" I turned around to Wesley grab Charlie from the back and talking in her ear.

"Gross. I'm leaving before you two get any hornier." I said gently pushing Blake in front of me who was giggling like a little schoolgirl.

I heard Charlie giggle from behind making me push Blake a little faster realizing that we needed to get even further away from her if we could still here her giggling.

"If you push me any faster I'm going to trip and then get up and kick your ass Ethan." Blake said making me halt to a stop.

"Maybe that wont be such a bad thing. Seeing an attempt from you trying to wrestle with me. Hmm... that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all actually." I said tickling her making her squeal.

"Don't you dare!" She shouted laughing. I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.

"Get me down now!" She screamed but giggled at the same time. She was hitting my back with her arms. It felt more like a little baby tugging on your leg than a 17-year-old girl hitting you. Blake was strong but she always tended to hit or punch me weaker than she would with anyone else.