What I Left Behind- Chapter 28

Chapter 28

 Ethan's POV 

It was about five in the evening and Blake was sound asleep in my arms. After we talked this morning, nothing but water came down her face. It wasn't until two hours later that she finally stopped but immediately fell asleep after with me wrapped around her. Those had to have been the two most agonizing hours of my life. I wanted to punch something, anything to let this anger out. She was devastated about the news of her Nana having cancer. I can't even imagine what was going on in that head of hers last night when she found out.

I wrapped her closer in my arms and kissed her head. I hated the fact that I couldn't do anything else. I felt extremely hopeless.

She tossed and turned a little in my arms before she finally opened those beautiful eyes of hers.

I gave her a smile, hoping that she would at least attempt to give me one in return. She gave me a weak one but I'd take it.

"Hi." I said stroking her face.

She rubbed her lips against each other and grabbed my hand softly, holding it in place on her face. She kissed me softly on my lips and rested her head back down on my chest.

We sat in silence for about a half hour. She didn't cry or speak. She lay there against me speechless and motionless.

"You should eat. Let's go get something to eat, okay?" I asked hoping she wouldn't argue with me.

She waited a little while before responding. "Okay." She said softly.

I pushed us off the bed slowly so that we were standing. I grabbed my wallet and brought Blake back to my side as we left the dorm.

I took her to the nearest burger joint in the area, hoping that it would lighten her up a little. We sat down, ordered and ate all in complete silence. She barely finished her burger and fries and I was starting to get worried.

"You need to eat. You can't do this to yourself because.." I said not finishing my sentence. I sure as hell didn't want Blake crying again. Each tear that fell out of her eyes felt like a damn stab to my chest.

She looked at me and nodded as she ate a little more of her food.

We left the burger joint soon after and instead of taking her back to the dorm, I decided to walk around the campus hoping it would change the atmosphere.

After about an hour it was getting dark out so I decided that it was time to go back to the room. She took a shower, put on one of my t-shirts and crawled up into bed.

"Come here." She said patting the spot beside her. I gave her a smile. She barley spoke today and I was getting worried about how she would be like when I wasn't with her tomorrow or the following days.

I took off my shirt and stripped down into my boxers before slowly getting into bed beside her.

She cuddled up against my body and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Well?" She asked, looking up at me.

"Well what?" I asked confused.

"Put on a movie silly. I want to enjoy this last night with you before I leave tomorrow." She said making me smile.

I grabbed the remote and flicked on Netflix. She picked a movie starting it immediately. She gave me a long, sweet kiss before putting her attention back on the TV.

I woke up to the sound of the doorknob twisting and turning. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was three in the morning.

My door opened slightly and there came in Drew slowly.