What I Left Behind- Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ethan's POV

"Mom will you relax? Why are you in such a rush?" I asked my mom as she was packing my clothes into a bag.

"Sweetheart I'm excited to take you home! My little boy hasn't been home for what seems like forever." She said zipping the bag up.

"It's only been a week Mom." I said chuckling, getting up from the hospital bed. She smiled at me and went back to packing the rest of my things up. I was being discharged today, thank god. I couldn't stand to be here one more second.

"You ready?" My mom asked putting the bag over her shoulder gesturing me to walk out with her.

"Yeah," I responded.

"Dad is waiting for us downstairs. I'll just have to sign a paper and then we'll leave." She said. I nodded.

If I was already eighteen, I wouldn't even need my parents babying me but until then, I was stuck with them. Only a month and a half to go.

We pulled up in my neighborhood with a lot of cars at Blake's house. What could possibly be going on at her house? Probably one of Rachel's hooch fest. I noticed Charlie's and Drew's cars parked outside as well so they must have been at Blake's too.

We got out the car with my mom practically jumping to the door. Okay, I know she's excited for me to be home but she's going a little overboard here.

"You go inside. You're father and I have to get something from the garage real quick." My mother said, handing me the keys. I smiled as I opened the door. I've really missed home.

I flicked on the light and all the sudden I was being shouted at, "SURPRISE!"

I didn't jump or flinch as I was being screamed at. I smiled and saw all my friends throwing confetti at me.

Blake walked over to me, "Surprise Lover Boy! Welcome home!" She said linking her arm in mine.

"You did all of this?" I asked.

"Yeah with a little help from Charlie and Drew although they bickered the whole time." She said giggling.

I gave her a quick kiss on her forehead, "You didn't have to silly girl." I said in her ear so she could hear me over everyone talking.

She smiled at me, "Of course I did. Come on, go greet your guests." She said scooting me towards the fifty billion people here.

After for what seemed like forever of saying hello to everyone, I saw my mom talking to Rachel in the kitchen, "You knew and didn't want to give me a heads up huh?" I asked giving my mom a kiss on the cheek.

"It's not a surprise if I tell you now, is it?" She said sipping some drink from her cup.

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever." I said smiling, heading out the kitchen.

 I saw Drew sitting down with a few girls by his side, of course. I looked around and was surprised to see Charlie talking, more like flirting with Wesley in the corner. Just two weeks ago, she couldn't stand that boy.

"What are you staring at?" Blake said from behind me.

I turned around, "How do you know if I was staring at something? You couldn't even see me." I said walking closer to her.

"I was looking at you for a while and you didn't move or anything so I assume.." She said before I interrupted her.

"Oh so you were checking me out now?" I said smirking.