What I Left Behind- Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The bonfire was at Saint Costal Lake, the lake Drew, Charlie, Ethan, and I would always meet up at when we were little. Because the town of Auburn was huge, kids from all different high schools were going to be here. Because my friend Michelle was throwing the party and she went to Auburn High, we had the biggest advantages over everyone else. It was our party. 

Ethan parked the car besides the lake and we all got out, "You ready lover girl?" He asked nervously.

He always got nervous before parties. He didn't like any guy when we came to them, he was always on watch out for them incase they ever did something to me. I admired that he cared so much about me but that silly boy should have fun when we went out, not stressing over me.

I hooked my arm in his and laid my head on his shoulder, "Don't worry Ethan, It's the last party of the Summer. Lighten up!" I said trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah man, let loose," I heard Drew say. 

"Just be careful Blake, okay? You too Charlie," He said looking at me mainly.

Charlie giggled at him, which made Ethan's face only more stern.

I knew he was serious, he only ever called me by my first name whenever he was being serious or trying to prove a point.

"We will, have fun tonight Ethan, okay?" I stated being just as serious.

He kissed the side of my head and led us to where all the people were.

As soon as we got within visible reach, all the guys on the football team came up to Ethan and Drew. The guys were all nice but got annoying when all they talked about was football. Since Ethan and Drew are the captains of the team, they all followed them around like puppy dogs. 

It was annoying at first but I got used to it. Ethan tightened his grip through our entangled hands.  I kissed Ethan on the cheek and assured him I was to be careful tonight. Before he had time to respond I grabbed Charlie and left the football jocks to their daily discussions.

We saw Michelle surrounded by a group of guys and she easily spotted us. She waved us over to the group and Charlie eagerly went grabbing me along with her.

"Hey guys, so happy you're here! Drinks are over to the right of the fire in the cooler and if you want anything else, just ask," Michelle said happily.

Her curly blonde hair was straightened today complimenting her gray eyes. Her eye color was always changing, something I extremely envied. 

Her, Charlie, and I were all very close. I was thankful to have friends like them. "Thanks girl, but I'm much more interested on what's going on over here," Charlie whispered to Michelle allowing only us three to hear.

Michelle and I both laughed at her, "Guys this is Charlie and Blake. Girls, these are some guys from Madison High." Michelle said point us to the group of boys. 

"I'm Wesley, nice to meet you." One of the boys said. He was very attractive, brown hair, blue eyes, and toned muscled. Not as built as Ethan but definitely good-looking.

I always seemed to compare the attractive boys to Ethan, none of them ever matched to Ethan's level. Ethan was gorgeous, too good to be human. I was lucky to have him and I knew that, I never took advantage of him. 

The boy smirked and I realized I had been caught ogling him. Whoops!

I blushed, "You too," I replied.

"So you go to Auburn with Michelle?" He asked.

"Yeah Charlie, Michelle, and I go to Auburn," I said firmly.