What I Left Behind- Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Blake's POV

"We're lucky. Like beyond lucky you know." Charlie said from sitting beside me as she kept munching on her popcorn.

I looked down and stared at the empty football field as I started to think about Ethan.

"Not that! I mean you, idiot." Charlie said correcting me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Well then what did you mean?"

"We're lucky because we freaking got amazing seats to the ACC Championship game, don't you think?" Charlie said as if I said something stupid.

"Well I mean we kind of are best friends with the quarterback and my boyfriend works for the team so its kind of bound to happen." I said smiling.

"Guess so but its all still surreal." Charlie said with wide eyes.

It sure was, I thought to myself. Drew was competing in the ACC Championship against JMU and I was so happy that he had made it this far. The crowd was crazy with the stands filled with both students and families from UVA and JMU.

"Have you talked to Michelle lately?" I asked Charlie out of curiosity. It's been at least two weeks since Thanksgiving and I haven't really spoken to Michelle. I could tell that Michelle was alienating herself from both Charlie and I lately and I couldn't quite figure out why.

"Nah, not for a while actually. I was actually surprised that she came to your house for Thanksgiving. We've been kind of distant lately." Charlie said shrugging.

"Maybe I'll text her. That's weird of her." I said pulling out my phone as I typed out a message and sent it to her. Within seconds later, I saw that the message was read but there was no response. I waited for a minute and still no response.

Weird.

"What's going on with her? She read my message but didn't answer." I said clicking my phone button off.

"I don't know. She did that to me like last month that I don't bother to text her anymore. Kind of got used to it I guess." Charlie said describing how Michelle and her not talking didn't faze her.

 Before we could talk anymore, everyone in the crowd started to scream and shout as the teams started to make their way onto the field.

First came out the players from JMU as they were the guests at the game. After the fans and the players on the team were finished cheering, the lights in the stadium started to change to a combination of orange and navy blue lights. Almost instantly, UVA fans   started to scream and my eardrums started to ring like never before.

Charlie and I stood up and started to cheer along with them. The team stormed onto the field and music was blaring from the speakers hyping up the crowd even more if that was even possible.

I scanned the football team and saw Drew looking energetic and upbeat. Our seats were first row so we had an amazing view on everything.

"Yeah Drew!" I cheered.

"Let's go Cavaliers!" Charlie added clapping her hands.

I smiled as I looked at her. She was a bulldog yet whenever JMU played against UVA or when UVA played against anyone really, she was always cheering for Drew.

"You're a true Duke you know." I said winking at her sarcastically, referring to JMU's mascot.

She gave me a wicked smile before replying, "I'm sure as hell not anymore."