What I Left Behind- Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Ethan’s POV

“Sweetie, which is better, pink and white or purple and ivory?” Victoria asked as we sat down with our wedding coordinator.

“I don’t know?” I said honestly.

She looked disappointed, “Let’s go with purple and ivory.” She said to the coordinator.

I didn’t want to be here. This was honestly the last place I want to be.

After asking Victoria to marry me, accidently by the way, I knew that it had been the biggest mistake I’d ever made.

********************************

3 Weeks Earlier

I’d overheard Charlie and Drew talking about how excited they’d been about this day coming. It was the day Blake would be coming home, for good.

I’d never been more excited yet I shouldn’t be.

“Baby, it’s still early.” Victoria whined from the bed.

“It’s ten thirty, it’s not that early.” I said in response getting up.

“Ugh fine, let me go brush my teeth.” She said getting up from bed and tossing on one of my shirts.

“What did I tell you about wearing my shirts babe? They’re for me and only me.” I said pulling my shirt back off her.

“I don’t understand what the big deal is.” She said shrugging.

“It’s a big deal to me.” I said.

I didn’t like anyone wearing my clothes other than Blake. It just didn’t feel right.

“Okay, whatever. I’ll be right back then.” She said hopping into the bathroom in my room.

I opened my drawer and rummaged through my clothes until I found the blue velvet box.

“Ah, there you are.” I said to myself as I pulled it out.

I opened the box and smiled at the ring.

I bought this about seven months ago when I was just strolling through Boca Pier. There was a small ring shop and when I went inside, I was blown away. I knew instantly when I saw it that I had to get it for Blake.

Even though I wasn’t planning on proposing to her for a while, there wouldn’t ever be a ring this incredible for her.

I bought it that day and tucked it away every since. Even after everything we’ve been through, I still had hope that we’d find our way back to each other some day and I still do.

I heard someone gasp.

I turned my head and saw Victoria with wide eyes and her hands covering her mouth.

I looked down at the box and wanted to yell shit.

I felt myself panic.

“Oh my god Ethan! I know it’s only been four months since we’ve been dating and we haven’t even said I love you to each other but yes! I’ll marry you!” She said grabbing the ring from the box and slipping it onto her hand.

She gave me a quick peck on the lips before I pulled away.

“No Victoria-“ I said before getting interrupted.

“OH my god! I have to go call Payson!” She squealed before running out the door.

Holy shit… what the hell just happened?