What I Left Behind- Chapter 49

If you're someone like me who dies for visuals of how a scene in a book looks like, there are pictures on the side of the dress, ceremony, and reception as well as one of the songs selected.

Enjoy (: 

Chapter 49

Ethan’s POV

“You ready?” I heard Drew say as he came in the room.

“Almost,” I responded as I swung my tie over my neck.

I heard him chuckle as he walked over to the couch and sat down.

“Have you seen Blake yet?” I asked as I finished tying my tie.

“Nah, I’m going to go soon though.” He said as I turned around.

“You nervous?” He asked standing up.

I chuckled, “No, just anxious.”

“Why? You’re marrying Blake not me you know. You’re sure you don’t want to change your mind about that?” Drew asked pouting his lip like an idiot.

“Oh I’m sure you jackass.” I responded before walking past him to get my jacket.

“Your loss Bradley.” Drew said in a girlish voice.

“Will you do something for me?” I asked him as I pulled out the box out of my jacket pocket.

“What is it man?” He asked stuffing his hands in his dress pants.

“Give this to Blake.” I said handing him the box.

He took it from me and placed it in his pocket before enfolding his arms across his chest.

“What?” I asked him as his posture told me he was waiting for something else.

“Aren’t you forgetting mine?” He asked.

I laughed, “Go give that to her you dick. You can catch feelings for me not getting you something later.” I said slapping his head as I walked past him to open the door.

“And you’re kicking me out. I wouldn’t want to get married to you anyways, I’m too pretty for you.” Drew said walking out of the room.

“Oh and find Ava’s brothers before you go. They have something for the girls as well.” I shouted at him down the hall.

He waved me off and I turned back around to the room.

I went over to the window and glanced outside.

The room that I was in overlooked the area where we’d have our reception.

Everything looked unreal to me. Every table had twinkling lights casted above them and candles and lanterns scattered all over the tables.

It looked amazing right now and considering that it’s going to nighttime when its time for the reception, it’s going to look even more amazing in the dark.

Seconds later the door opened and in came my cousins and dad.

“Well well well, if it isn’t the idiot who is about to ruin his life.” Mitch said walking beside me and slapping my shoulder along the way.

“I don’t think ruining his life is the right word. It’s not like he’s marrying a hooker off the streets. Blake seems like the best kind out there.” James said grabbing a bottled water and drinking it.

“No the hooker would be that psycho victoria. God knows if I’d even be here if she were the one he was marrying today.” My dad said opening a bottle of champagne and pouring some into a glass.