What I Left Behind- Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Blake's POV

I woke up to an empty bed. The theatre was dark, only allowing the burning candle light shine.

I groaned as I patted the empty spot beside me. Where's Ethan? Oh god. I started to panic a little. Did he regret what happened yesterday?

I got up and put my hair up in a messy bun. I didn't bother going to the kitchen, as I smelled my moms cooking. I ran quickly to my loft and brushed my teeth. I stared at myself in the mirror for a second. Shit Blake! What did I do?! He was so not ready for that.

I took a quick shower and hopped out straightening my hair with my flat iron. I put on a pair of white sailor shorts with a royal blue blouse. Surprisingly, it only took me twenty minutes. Beat that Drew, I thought in my head.

I hurried downstairs to the kitchen. I would say good morning to my mom and head over to Ethan's to make sure he was okay.

"Mom?"  I said coming in the kitchen. My mom was nowhere to be found. But there was food all set up on the table and there was tea on the kettle. Wait, today is Friday. She's working until five. I started to get a little confused.

I felt two big arms wrap around my arm, restraining my hands to my side so that I couldn't move them. I screamed, "Boo." Ethan whispered in my ear lifting me off the ground.

Once I was returned on the floor, I turned around and smacked him playfully on his chest, "You scared the shit out of me Ethan!" I said crossing my hands across my chest.

He grinned, "Great way to start a morning." He said kissing my cheek before grabbing my hand, leading us to the table.

"Eat," He said siting me down once we made our way over.

I smiled, he's very happy this morning. Hopefully it stays this way.

I looked at the feast in front of me and fixed my gaze toward his face, "Did you do all of this?" I asked curiously.

"Of course. That's why I wasn't there when you woke up. I'm sorry about that by the way. I just thought that I'd do something nice." He said shrugging and grabbing my hand, entwining our fingers.

I smiled down at our hands, "You're always doing something nice lover boy. But if there's one thing that I absolutely dislike, it's waking up alone." I said squeezing his hand.

He smiled his gorgeous smile sending a thousand butterflies soaring in my stomach.

I finished eating and so did he. We talked for a little as if nothing ever happened last night. The only difference this morning was that he was more touchy and so was I. It didn't feel any different which surprised me a little.

"What are you up to today Miss. Gray?" Ethan said putting the dishes in the sink and washing them.

I grinned. What a gentleman. "Nothing so far. I have to go get some stuff for my dorm though before next week." I said drying the dishes as he handed them to me.

"Good. You up for going to the beach?" He asked a little nervously. Since when was he ever nervous?

 "Mhmm that sounds nice. You up for the drive lover boy?" I asked him curiously. The beach was about two hours away from Auburn so we'd most likely spend the day there.

"Of course. Today's a good day to go too since its not too hot so we can walk on the boardwalk for a little while."  He said washing his hands clean.

"Sounds good. I'll go get my stuff. Meet me outside in fifteen?" I said.

"Fifteen minutes it is lover girl." He said smiling, pulling me to the door.