What I Left Behind- Chapter 35

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Chapter 35

Blake's POV

I couldn't be happier that spring break was here. That meant that I could tuck away my laptop for at least two weeks and not have to worry about the workload I'd signed myself up for this semester.

"Which tea is it today, vanilla chai or strawberry blueberry bliss?" Chase whispered from the chair beside me in Nana's room.

"Hmm... I'm feeling like vanilla chai." I responded.

"Good because so am I." He said getting up and heading out to the kitchen.

Ever since that day on the boardwalk a month ago, he was nothing but a pain on wanting to come here and help me with Nana. I told him that he had already so much to take care of but he promised me he was dealing with everything perfectly at home. Not believing him, I'd made a deal with him to help him out with his family and so we'd both go over to each other's houses all the time lately. But he always spent more time over here with me at my house.

His mother was doing slightly better but there was always a special eye on her in case because a split second could mess her up and bring her back to the beginning.

Chase and I had become close in the past month and honestly, I was happy to know that I had someone else to help me. I still talked to Charlie but mostly Drew.

Drew had been my rock these past few months other than Chase. Charlie was usually busy with Wesley, which only made me worried. She seemed distant and I hated that she was so caught up in him. That feeling I got just by thinking about him wasn't ever a good one and I was starting to feel like Charlie could sense it too.

I took a look at Nana who was sleeping peacefully and just smiled. She had been nothing but strong these past two months and I couldn't be more proud of her. The minute I brought Chase to meet her, she liked him instantly. It was a mutual feeling, as Chase would always ask about her whenever we were on the phone when we weren't together.

"Here you go." Chase said quietly handing me my tea.

"Thanks." I said before taking a sip of it.

"Did she get her shot for her salt thing or whatever?" Chase asked looking through Nana's charts.

"We should give it to her at five. You want to do it?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"No... that's okay. I don't want to mess up and have you kick my ass." He said dropping the clipboard with all of Nana's charts on the table.

"Damn right I'd kick your ass." I said giggling a little.

He chuckled slightly. "What time does Greg get home? And why isn't Grace here today?" He asked making me smile because he always asked these questions.

"My dad comes home at six you noob. And actually Grace had to deal with something. She didn't tell me what though." I said shrugging.

"Oh that makes sense now." He said.

"What makes sense?" I asked confused.

He looked at me as if I were stupid, "Uh... your dad is totally banging the woman." He said causing me to choke on my tea.

I ushered him to get out of the room because I couldn't get my choking and laughter under control.

Once we were out of Nana's room we were both laughing so hard as we made our way to the kitchen.

"That's so disgusting Chase! My Dad and Grace are NOT banging each other!" I said in between breaths.

"Didn't you say that your Dad said he might be in love?" He asked chuckling.