24

Talia's POV

"Here you go T." Amy says as she hands me the line-up for tonight's gold medal match against the Dutch.

21-Audrey Solo
11-Ali Krieger
7-Abby Dahlkemper
4-Becky Sauerbrunn(C)
14-Talia Martin
2-Julie Ertz
16-Rose Lavelle
3-Sam Mewis
17-Tobin Heath
8-Amy Rodriguez
13-Christen Press

In the quarterfinals I scored 3 of our 5 goals in our 5-2 win over Japan then in the semi-finals I score all three of our goals in our 3-0 win over Canada.

I'm playing left back today because Crystal twisted her ankle in our semi-final game against Canada.

"Oh how I hate playing left-back." I mumble.

Once at the stadium, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers then we head outside for the pitch inspection.

After we've inspected the pitch, my teammates and I head back to the locker room.

"Now if you weren't already impressed with Talia Martin then watch this." Someone on the tv says causing everyone in the locker room to look at the tv.

A video is shown of me snowboarding and going off a jump then puling off a backside 1260 off the heels.

"I...I don't know what she just did but I think Talia might just be a future winter Olympian." Someone on the screen says.

"Talia?" Kelley asks.

"Yeah?"

"What the fuck was that?"

"A backside 1260 off the heels." I say then I head to my locker.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, take out my nose ring, take off my necklaces and my rings, then I put my jewelry and AirPods in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I put on my warm up top then I put on my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put my long, curly, raven black hair up in a ponytail before I put on my socks, my shin pads and my turquoise and pink boots.

After my boots are on I head to Amy's locker then sit down on the floor in-between her legs.

"Hey sweetie." Amy says and starts running her fingers through my hair.

"Hi Amy." I say then face forward and let Amy do her thing.

Amy runs her fingers through my hair for a little bit then she puts my hair into a pony tail just like I like it.

"Thanks." I say and hug one of Amy's legs.

"No problem." Amy says and kisses my head then I get up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my white jersey while the coaches do their last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end, we are told to head to the tunnel so I head to the back of the line in the tunnel.

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so someone leads us out onto the field

Once on the field we stand in line for the anthems then we shake hands with the Dutch team.

After we shake hands, Becky does the coin toss, we take a starting XI picture, and we do our huddle before we head onto the field.