33

Talia's POV

"You're teams going down munchkin." Tobin says as we walk into the UNC Soccer stadium.

Tomorrow and we're playing England at the Carolina Panthers stadium, but tonight we are at the UNC v FSU women's soccer game in Chapel Hill.

Sadly tomorrow is Amy's retirement match.

We also have another game against England at Red Bull arena in 5 days then were done with the national team until SheBelieves in 2021.

"I don't know about that Tobs." I say.

"Wanna bet?"

"Loser buys dinner?" I question.

Tobin nods and shakes my hand.

"Deal." Tobin says.

"Did you keep both of your jersey's?" Leah asks as we get down to the field.

The UNC girls got us field access before the game and they surprised me by inviting Leah along.

Some UNC alum let us use their private jet to fly from Charlotte to the Raleigh area.

"Yeah." I say and smooth out my garnet colored FSU jersey from 2018. "The jersey I wore when we won the National championship is back in New York."

"What all did you win in college?" Crystal asks as I adjust my hold on my babies.

"Uh the national championship, the ACC Women's Soccer Tournament, the MAC Hermann Trophy, ACC Defensive Player of the Year, ACC Freshman of the Year, First Team All-ACC, ACC All-Freshman Team, NSCAA All-American First Team...that's all I remember." I say causing Crystal to scoff.

"That's all." Crystal mumbles.

"TALIA." One of my best friends yells as she runs towards me.

I quickly pass off the twins to Leah then my friend jumps into my arms.

"Hey Jae." I say and hug Jaelin Howell.

We were roommates freshman year and have been best friends ever since.

I was actually really lucky I got her because she was so great with Lanie and Axel.

"I didn't know you were gonna be here Miss Olympic Gold Medalist." Jaelin says as I set her down on the ground.

"Some of the girls have connections and got us tickets to the game." I say.

"Sweet." Jaelin says. "Coach got us tickets to your game tomorrow."

I nod then I turn around, grab Leah's hand, and pull her towards us.

"Jae this is my girlfriend and soulmate Leah." I say. "And Leah this is my best friend Jaelin."

"Nice to meet you." Leah says and greets Jaelin.

"You too."

"HOWELL LET'S GO." Gabby Carle yells then she waves at me. "HEY T."

"HI GABS." I shout and wave back.

Jaelin hugs me one more time before she kiss Lanie and Axel's heads then she runs to her teammates.

"She seems nice." Leah says.

"She is." I say as I see my college coach approach. "Hey Coach."

"Hey T." Coach Mark says and hugs me. "We're gonna win right?"

"Of course." Coach says.

"Good." I say. "Cause I have dinner riding on this game."

"We'll try our best to win for you." Coach says while laughing. "But I gotta go coach so I'll see you either after the game or tomorrow."

"Okay." I say and hug Coach Mark one last time before he leaves.

"Come on Freckles." Christen says. "Let's go sit down."

- - - - -

"No." I say as I latch on to Amy's legs. "You're not allowed to retire."

We just finished Amy's retirement game and Amy scored the winning goal in our 3-2 win.

"Talia." Amy says with a sad smile.

"I won't let you." 

"T I have to start the rest of my life." Amy says.

"But then I won't see you."

"Oh Talia." Amy says then she squats down so we're face to face.

Once Amy's squatted in front of me, she takes my hair out of the ponytail it's in.

"I am always going to be in your life Talia." My ex girlfriend says. "We may not be in the same city anymore, but I'll always be available at the drop of a hat."

"Mokay." I mumble as Christen and Leah come into my field of vision.

"Just the ladies I wanted to see." Amy says then she stands up.

"Uh..." Leah says.

"You two come here." Amy says then the three ladies stand behind me. "Since I'm no longer playing..."

"Boo." I say.

"Shush." Amy says then she pats my head.

"Leah." I whine. "Amy's being mean."

"Talia." My girlfriend warns.

"Fine." I mumble.

"So since I'm not playing anymore." Amy says. "I'm showing you two how to do her hair before a match."

Amy's so smart.

"Why us two?" Christen asks

"You and I will always be on the national team together." I say as I point to Christen then I point to Leah. "And Leah and I will always be on a club team together."

"Right you are T." Amy says then she runs her fingers through my hair. "So here's how she likes it."

Over the next 5 or ten minutes, Amy shows my favorite Stanford alum and my soulmate how to do my hair before a match.

After Christen and Leah are done being shown how to do my hair, my girlfriend helps me up off the ground then she brings me into her arms.

"You okay?" Leah asks.

"I'm just gonna miss seeing her everyday." I admit.

"I know you will." Leah says then she kisses my cheek. "But she'll always be available for you to talk too."

I'm so glad Leah's not jealous of mine and Amy's relationship.

"MAMA." I hear my favorite two year old girl shout causing Leah and I to turn around.

Once we're facing Lanie and Axel, my soulmate and I squat down then my babies run into our arms.

"Well don't you two look spiffy." Leah says.

"They wanted to dress up for Amy's day." I say then I kiss my son's head. "How's my handsome little man?"

"I Hug?" Axel asks.

"Mama could always use some Axel hugs." I say then my baby boy hugs me.

I still can't believe Axel is now comfortable with initiating hugs.

"You two ready to go back to New York?" Leah asks.

"Home." Axel says.

"Snuggle party?" Lanie asks.

"Yeah Lanie." I say as Leah and I pick up my kids. "We can have a snuggle party."