85

Talia's POV

"Here you go Freckles." Christen says as she hands me the line-up for tonight then I look at it.

1-Audrey Solo
3-Emily Fox
4-Sarah Gorden
12-Tierna Davidson
9-Teagan McGrady
18-Andi Sullivan
11-Catarina Macario
16-Rose Lavelle
10-Sophia Smith
14-Talia Martin(C)
2-Trinity Rodman

We're playing Spain tonight in Portland at Providence Park in the first of our November friendlies.

I wanted to stay home with the kids, but Leah told me that if I didn't go to this camp then I'd be sleeping on the couch.

I really love sleeping with my wife so I came to this camp.

Once at Providence Park, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

When we get to the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers then we head outside for the pitch inspection.

After we've inspected the pitch, my teammates and I head back to the locker room.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, take out my nose ring, take off my necklaces and my rings, then I put my jewelry and AirPods in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I put on my warm up top then I put on my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my green boots.

After my boots are on I head to Christen's locker then sit down on the floor in-between her legs.

"Hey Freckles." Christen says then she starts running her fingers through my hair.

"Hi Chrissy." I say then I face forward and let Christen do her thing.

Christen runs her fingers through my hair for a little bit then she puts my hair into a pony tail just like I like it.

"Thanks." I say then I hug one of Christen's legs.

"No problem." Christen says and kisses my head then I get up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my white jersey while the coaches do their last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end, we are told to head to the tunnel so I put on the captain's armband then head to the front of the line

Minutes later we are told to head out onto the field for the prematch stuff so I lead my team out onto the field

Once on the field we stand in line for the Spain anthem then myself, most of the ladies in the starting XI, and most of the ladies on the bench kneel for our anthem.

When our anthem finishes, we stand up then we shake hands with the Spain players.

After we shake hands, we take a starting XI picture, I do the coin toss, then we do our huddle before we head onto the field.

Once on the field, everyone gets in position then Spain kick off the game.

5 minutes into the game, Rose gets fouled around 30 yards from goal which earns us a free kick.

"Here you go." Catarina says as she hands me the ball.

I'm normally the free kick taker, but I never get handed the ball by my teammates so I assume they all realize the significance of this goal is the ball goes in.

"Thanks." I say then I set the ball down where the ref says to.

Once the ball is on the ground, I back up then I wait for the ref to blow her whistle.

After the whistle blows, I do my run up then I fire the ball up and over the wall.

At the last moment, the balls dips below the bar making the score 1-0.

Once the ball hits the net, I jog over to the closest camera then I stop when I get in front of it.

"Hi Babies." I say as I look into the camera then I blow a kiss into the Camera. "Mama loves you."

"Aww." I hear Sarah say so I turn around then hug my teammates

After I hug my teammates, Andi hands me the ball I just scored with then I jog over to the sideline to hand off the ball that I just scored my 100th goal of my national team career.

When I get to the sideline, I hand the ball to Christen, then I head back to my position as Spain restart the game.

For the remainder of the game, Spain control the game and control the ball for the majority of the game.

Luckily they don't score so when the ref blows her whistle for full time, we win 1-0.

"Well that was shit." I say as I get off the bench.

I was subbed in the 60th minute for Alex.

"At least we won." Moe says as we walk onto the field.

"That's the only good part of the game." I say.

"What about your goal?" My sister-in-law says.

"On a personal note it's cool, but I'm still annoyed at how we played." I say as we reach our teammates.

Moe and I hug our teammates and shake hands with the Spaniards then I trade jerseys with Alexia Putellas before I head back to the locker room.

I'm still very paranoid that an enemy of my family will try to hurt and or kill me if I start interacting with the fans after games so I still don't interact with the fans after games.

I don't know if I'll ever not be paranoid that death could be right around the corner.

Once I'm in our locker room, I put Putellas' jersey in my locker then I strip my kit off and take a shower.

After my shower, I dry off and put my tracksuit on then I pack my locker up while the rest of the team showers.

"Talia, do you know what was wrong with Kaia?" Sonnett asks.

"Nope." I say. "And Leah and I don't want to know so only Aaliyah and Athena will know what was wrong."

"That's not safe." Kelley mumbles.

"She's never gonna learn." Alex mumbles from the locker next to me.

"I didn't know you we're Kaia's Mom." I say as I look at Kelley.

"I'm not." Kelley says.

"Exactly." I say. "So shut the fuck up."