65

Talia's POV

"The MRI Room has a line waiting for it so we could be here for a while." The Head trainer says.

"That's fine." I say. "Probably more important reasons to get an MRI than a fucked up knee."

After I got off the field, the trainers looked me over, I untapped my knee, got changed into my warm clothes, then the Head Trainer and I came to the hospital for an MRI of my knee.

"Is there food in this hospital?" I ask.

"I don't think the food court is open." The trainer lady says. "But I think they may have an idea?"

"Who?" I ask then I turn around when I hear the door. "Oh."

Most of my teammates are here.

Three of my teammates aren't here.

"Hi Freckles." Christen says as she comes and sits by me. "We brought pizza."

"Ooh." I say as my favorite forward hands me the pizza.

"Half white spinach and half Italian sausage." Christen says.

"And here's your drink." Audrey says as she hands me a cherry coke.

"Thank you." I say then I open up the pizza and start eating as my teammates sit around the private waiting room.

While I eat my pizza I listen in to the conversation in the room

"So does anybody know why Providence Park finally replace their turf field with grass?" Sam asks.

"Because they had too." I say with a mouthful. 

"Freckles chew." Christen says so I do.

"What'd you mean because they had too?" Crystal asks.

"To be apart of the APL, you had to have grass pitches and you weren't allowed to play games at Baseball stadiums." I say.

"Oh." Crystal says as I get out my phone.

"Nope." Christen says as she takes my phone.

"Hey" I say.

"You're not doing that."

"Doing what?"

"You're not texting your weed plug back in New York." Christen says. "Yes I know you still have his number."

"Well I haven't used it since high school." I say as I grab my phone. "Besides I'm not stupid enough to use it."

"Freckles."

"I'm not." I say. "I already got that talk from Leah so shush."

"What talk is that?" Tobin asks.

"Leah told me if I start smoking weed again then she'll take my kids out of the house and the three of them will go stay with Amy until I get my shit together." I say.

"When was this talk?" Ali asks.

"After SheBelieves earlier this year." I say as I text Leah and tell her I'm alright.

"Speaking of Kids." Syd says. "Where are yours?"

"With A. J." I say. "Her parents live in the Toronto area so she came up to visit them and they came to the game so I had her take the twins home for the night and I'll pick them up in the morning before we go back home."

"Oh."

"So when did you smoke weed?" Audrey asks.

"I smoked religiously from the age of 12 all the way up until I joined the Royals." I say. "Once I joined the Royals, Amy found out and said we wouldn't have any fun time if I kept smoking so I obviously stopped."