39

Talia's POV

"Joe better fucking play me today or I'm gonna be fucking pissed." I mumble as we pull up to the stadium where the Conti Cup Final is taking place.

I've been at Arsenal almost 2 months and I haven't played a single game.

Only time I've played since I joined Arsenal was a week or two ago when I played all three games of SheBelieves.

We lost all three games by the way.

I'm really starting to regret coming here.

When we at Vicarage Road, the bus parks then everyone gets off and heads to the locker room.

Once in the locker room everyone puts their stuff down in their respective lockers then we head outside for the pitch inspection.

After we've inspected the pitch, my teammates and I head back to the locker room.

When I get to my locker I take my AirPods out, take out my nose ring, take off my necklaces and my rings, then I put my jewelry and AirPods in my bag.

Once I'm jewelry free I put on my warm up top then I put on my game shorts.

I then sit down in my locker and put on my socks, my shin pads and my turquoise and pink boots.

After my boots are on I head to Leah's locker then sit down on the floor in-between her legs.

"Hey T." Leah says and starts running her fingers through my hair.

"Hi Leah." I say then face forward and let Leah do her thing.

Leah runs her fingers through my hair for a little bit then she puts my hair into a pony tail just like I like it.

"Thanks." I say then I hug one of Leah's legs.

"No problem." Leah says and kisses my head then I get up, walk out of the locker room, and head onto the field with the outfield players

When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters for a while then we head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into my red tracksuit jacket while the coaches do their last minute talks.

When the last minute talks end, we are told to head to the where we need to be so I, along with the other subs leave the locker room and head to the bench.

"Fucking bullshit." I mumble as I sit in the farthest seat away from Joe then I stare at the dumbass coaching. "Stupid fucking cunt.

- - - - -

"MARTIN GO WARM UP."

"You gotta be fucking kidding me." I mumble as I get off the bench then I go warm up.

We're in the second half of extra time right now and needless to say I want punch Joe in the throat.

How are you gonna leave the Ballon d'Or winner on the bench for 110 minutes?

Joe's such a dumbass

"LET'S GO MARTIN." Joe shouts after I've finished my warmups.

"Fuck off." I mumble then I walk over to Joe.

When I get to Joe he tells me I'm going in for Lisa Evans.

I nod, put on my jersey, then I head over to the fourth official.

When the ball roll out of play in the 119th, Lisa sprints over to me, and high fives me then I jog onto the pitch.

One minute later, the whistle for full time blows meaning we're going to penalties.

"Fucks sake." I mumble then I walk over to Leah.

"I know." Leah says.

"I'm happy to be in the same city as you, but I'm starting to regret my decision a bit."

"Understandable." Leah says as we get to the sideline.

Once at the sideline Leah and I listen as Joe goes over the first five penalty makers.

1st is Daan, 2nd's Leah, Viv's 3rd, Katie's 4th, and I'm 5th.

After the penalty takers are decided, the 10 outfield players go stand on the halfway line while Audrey heads down to the goal.

"We're going second." Jordan says.

"Fuck." I mumble then I watch the shoot out.

Once the shootout begins I watch in silence.

Chelsea Score first then Daan scores

Chelsea's second penalty is stopped by Audrey then Leah scores

Chelsea score their third penalty then Viv scores.

Chelsea score their fourth penalty then Katie's penalty is saved.

Chelsea score their fifth penalty so now it's my turn and I have to score to extended the shootout.

"Here." The ref says then she hands me the ball.

I grab the ball, set it on the penalty spot, then I back up and wait.

A few seconds later the ref blows her whistle so I take a deep breath, do my run up, then shoot low and left.

"Fuck." I internally say when the Chelsea keeper saves my shot.

I about to get so much racial abuse.

Fuck my life.

"Fucking Joe." I say as Audrey wraps an arm around me.

"Agreed." Audrey says as we walk back to our teammates.

When we get back to our teammates, I pull away from Audrey then I go sit alone on the far side of the field.

"Nope." Leah says when people try to comfort me. "She'll just go off so leave her alone."

I'm so glad I found my soulmate.

Everyone on the teams heed my warning so I sit on my own until it's time to get our medals.

When it's time, I stand up, head to the front of the line, get my medal put around my neck then I immediately take it off.

Once my medal is off I take off my jersey then I head over to the crowd.

When I get to the crowd, I hand my jersey and medal to one of the little girls in the crowd then I take a picture with her before I head into the locker room.

"FUCK." I shout as I enter the locker room.

After I shout I head to my locker, sit down, and take off my boots then I rest in my locker.

Eventually the team trickle in then the coaches come in to talk.

"...None of you are at fault for today." Joe says.

"Yeah because It's your fucking fault we lost." I say as I look at Joe.

"Oh no." Leah mumbles.

"You have one of the best strikers in the world sitting on the bench and you don't put me in until the 119th minute?" I question. "What kinda shit is that?"

"You done it now." Audrey mumbles.

"I am one of the best fucking strikers in the world at the moment and you haven't played me once since I signed." I say. "If you'd have played me against Reading, Man City, or Chelsea then maybe we woulda fucking won. But your dumbass chose to keep the fucking Ballon d'Or winner on the fucking bench for no fucking reason."

"Told you." Audrey mumbles.

"And now i'm probably getting racially because you put me on a minute before the penalty shootout and forced me to take a penalty which I missed because I was on the pitch for ONE FUCKING MINUTE." I say then my phone starts buzzing a fuck ton.

"Geez." Lisa says as I check my phone.

"It's already fucking started." I say as I look at all the racist shit being tweeted and dm'd to me.

I fucking hate social media.

"Thanks Joe." I say as I look at my manager. "Thanks a lot."